Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It's not the playbook anymore. It's that Gundy is worried he'll get injured.
Considering our line that's quite possible. However, what was it Gundy said about it's time for everyone to put on their big boy pants?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Considering our line that's quite possible. However, what was it Gundy said about it's time for everyone to put on their big boy pants?
Gundy, on his postgame radio report with Robert Allen

“I’m not going to change who I am and what I do,” he said. “I’ve done this long enough to know what I do best. I know what’s best for this organization. And that will take place. Everybody needs to jump on board or stay on board.

“You can sit round and bitch and complain and point fingers. Or you can handle everything in a mature way.”

Gundy needs to find some big boy pants fast.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
This scenario:
Spencer Sanders comes in, sparks the team, the team energized sweeps the rest of the schedule with wins. Gundy, once again, looks like a HC that has no clue about who should have started the season at quarterback.

Or this:
Spencer Sanders (or Brown) comes in and the team doesn't play any better. We lose 2-3 more games. The season is shown to be overexpectations of a mediocre team. Gundy shows the fans that Corndog was the best quarterback and we realize that we were wrong.

We know that we won't be winning out with Corndog. We know what we have in CT. We know he's not a come-from-behind leader. We know that the team is not responding to his leadership and Gundy is losing fan confidence. These are things we know.

Apr 27, 2006
This scenario:
Spencer Sanders comes in, sparks the team, the team energized sweeps the rest of the schedule with wins. Gundy, once again, looks like a HC that has no clue about who should have started the season at quarterback.

Or this:
Spencer Sanders (or Brown) comes in and the team doesn't play any better. We lose 2-3 more games. The season is shown to be overexpectations of a mediocre team. Gundy shows the fans that Corndog was the best quarterback and we realize that we were wrong.

We know that we won't be winning out with Corndog. We know what we have in CT. We know he's not a come-from-behind leader. We know that the team is not responding to his leadership and Gundy is losing fan confidence. These are things we know.
and maybe team based on Phillips tweet.

Nov 28, 2008
The thing is... you don't know what you have until you try it. So we've decided that we're not even going to try. The game to do that was KSU. The O was going nowhere. It would not affect his RS at all. That decision comes in the 3rd to the 4th game. If he performs then you know what you've got.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Let me repeat, IF Sanders reaches a point where transferring is an attractive option, and goes through with doing it, Gundy needs to be fired immediately after. If anyone doesn't agree, then you are officially an enabler.

Nov 28, 2008
It's time to develop some of our young players. Perfect time with a bye week to help get prepared.
Here's my only counter to that..... bringing the young guys in for the 1st time needs to happen against some rum-drums not the top of the heap. So KSU ... yes! UT...... not so much. OSU missed at opportunity to see what they had and decide with data rather than mere projection..... and you know how the HC's projections have historically gone with the QB position.... shall we say 'dreck' in order to be polite?

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Time to start letting Brown or Sanders get some playing time. This year is toast. Time to start thinking about preparing for next season. You've got 5 games left those guys can share time in. Let's see what they've got...

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Time to start letting Brown or Sanders get some playing time. This year is toast. Time to start thinking about preparing for next season. You've got 5 games left those guys can share time in. Let's see what they've got...
Not going to happen. Gundy will not risk being exposed and will try to perpetuate the myth that neither Sanders nor Brown was ready this season. If he has to play anyone else it will be Wudtee again.

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
It's time to develop some of our young players. Perfect time with a bye week to help get prepared.
Here's my only counter to that..... bringing the young guys in for the 1st time needs to happen against some rum-drums not the top of the heap. So KSU ... yes! UT...... not so much. OSU missed at opportunity to see what they had and decide with data rather than mere projection..... and you know how the HC's projections have historically gone with the QB position.... shall we say 'dreck' in order to be polite?
Mason did just that, took over going into the throes of a backloaded schedule. Baylor wasn't pretty, but gamers are going to thrive in that environment. If Sanders has that ability to turn pressure and intensity into positive play on the field I would argue timing/opponent difficulty shouldn't be taken into account.