Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
It makes sense to get some experience before you play the conference best. However, OU's defense hasn't been great. Baylor isn't world beaters. TCU and Texas defense could be an issue. But at this point, the experience could be the best possible medicine to have our young guys prepared for next year. If we continue to ride with Corndog, it makes me wonder if Sanders is really that good or not.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
It makes sense to get some experience before you play the conference best. However, OU's defense hasn't been great. Baylor isn't world beaters. TCU and Texas defense could be an issue. But at this point, the experience could be the best possible medicine to have our young guys prepared for next year. If we continue to ride with Corndog, it makes me wonder if Sanders is really that good or not.
Have you been reading? Gundy will never let himself be exposed if Sanders really is that game ready because it would expose yet another massive and costly lapse in judgement.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Bill Haisten...

Currently at No. 3 on the Oklahoma State depth chart: First-year freshman Spencer Sanders, a dual-threat quarterback who a year ago was the most decorated high school player in the state of Texas.
Texas Tech and Iowa State people would have done backflips if they had signed Sanders.

When Oklahoma’s defensive issues graduated from being a persistent problem to a crisis, Lincoln Riley had an open date in the Sooner schedule and made a big play. He fired coordinator Mike Stoops.

Now, Riley’s Bedlam counterpart has a crisis of his own and an open date with which to work.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
This scenario:
Spencer Sanders comes in, sparks the team, the team energized sweeps the rest of the schedule with wins. Gundy, once again, looks like a HC that has no clue about who should have started the season at quarterback.

Or this:
Spencer Sanders (or Brown) comes in and the team doesn't play any better. We lose 2-3 more games. The season is shown to be overexpectations of a mediocre team. Gundy shows the fans that Corndog was the best quarterback and we realize that we were wrong.

We know that we won't be winning out with Corndog. We know what we have in CT. We know he's not a come-from-behind leader. We know that the team is not responding to his leadership and Gundy is losing fan confidence. These are things we know.
Gundy has nothing to lose. If Sanders or Brown lights it up then they finally had time to learn the playbook. If they fall on their faces then Gundy would say I told you that they needed more time.

Jan 14, 2006
Gundy has nothing to lose. If Sanders or Brown lights it up then they finally had time to learn the playbook. If they fall on their faces then Gundy would say I told you that they needed more time.
The risk is you shouldn't bench a 5th year senior, if he's the best option, because of a freshman's mom.
Not saying that he's the best option, but if he really is, then it's a bad move.
Either way something needs to improve.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
If that 5th year senior is the best option then we are going to be hiring a new coach after next season. If a 5th year walk-on with a losing record is better than the Texas Gatorade PoY I will send you a hand written apology and will only read this forum from here on out, I will never post again.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
If that 5th year senior is the best option then we are going to be hiring a new coach after next season. If a 5th year walk-on with a losing record is better than the Texas Gatorade PoY I will send you a hand written apology and will only read this forum from here on out, I will never post again.
Boggles the mind...no?

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Boggles the mind...no?
That's why I am saying why not use him this season, regardless of the redshirt rule. If he is as good as he's hyped up to be, there's no way he will be at OSU for 4 seasons anyway. It was the same with Rudolph. Do you really think he would've stayed a 4th full season if he had not burned his redshirt in 2014? No way.
If Sanders is that good, it'll be 3 seasons and done.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
That's why I am saying why not use him this season, regardless of the redshirt rule. If he is as good as he's hyped up to be, there's no way he will be at OSU for 4 seasons anyway. It was the same with Rudolph. Do you really think he would've stayed a 4th full season if he had not burned his redshirt in 2014? No way.
If Sanders is that good, it'll be 3 seasons and done.
But loyalty and commitment to the cowboy culture and stuff. I mean why play the best player when you can hunt rattle snakes while drinking vodka smoothies with your walkons. Just trust the process. MG has everything figured out. He will put our best players out there when we need them for now let’s just ride the brand and hope for the best.

Jan 23, 2006
Do you guys remember before mason started everyone talked about how terrible the line was but then once he came in we looked like a TOTALLY different team?
also anyone see Gundys "open to suggestions" from the team but so far no ones given him any? i think that sounds like more excuses bc i'm sure he had a major astrik on what suggestions could be made. I just wish he'd give one of the two a shot.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
But loyalty and commitment to the cowboy culture and stuff. I mean why play the best player when you can hunt rattle snakes while drinking vodka smoothies with your walkons. Just trust the process. MG has everything figured out. He will put our best players out there when we need them for now let’s just ride the brand and hope for the best.
You're right, I shouldn't have said anything. Gundy has been doing it for a long time and he knows what's best.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
The risk is you shouldn't bench a 5th year senior, if he's the best option, because of a freshman's mom.
Not saying that he's the best option, but if he really is, then it's a bad move.
Either way something needs to improve.
Bottom line is you can bench ANY player if your backup is better than you are. It's all about winning & TEAM, not ego.

Jan 14, 2006
Bottom line is you can bench ANY player if your backup is better than you are. It's all about winning & TEAM, not ego.
I didn't make my point clear enough.

What if Cornelius is actually the best option? I hope that's not the case. But if it is and we bench him because we're afraid of a freshman's mom it's worse.

No one on here has actually seen Brown or Sanders play with our team and knows how they compare.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If we're going by what mom thinks, my mom probably thinks I could be a better QB than Corndog.