Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What if Gundy is being sly? He says nothing has changed in practice.

I wonder if they had been planning to play one of them against Texas and thus nothing has changed from their plans.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. My honest reading of the tea leaves is that Gundy wants a full two deep at QB next year with an open QB battle and to have the option to play any of them thisnyear in case someone gets hurt, which seems likely with this o line. Not saying I agree with it, but that seems like his logic.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
You can get hurt in practice without contact, this is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. People get hurt all the time if Kolby Peel hasn't gotten hurt and he's played every game, Jarick Bernard has also played in every game both are freshmen and both play a whole lot of football. Darian Daniels got hurt in practice. Spencer Sanders isn't a fragile little flower he's a football player and he is aware of the danger of playing football. If the coach doesn't want him to play because he's afraid he will be injured perhaps he should be coaching soccer or flag football.
Not that I disagree with the overall sentiment, but I'm pretty sure soccer has a higher rate of ACL and similar injuries. Not super relevant, but potentially interesting.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. My honest reading of the tea leaves is that Gundy wants a full two deep at QB next year with an open QB battle and to have the option to play any of them thisnyear in case someone gets hurt, which seems likely with this o line. Not saying I agree with it, but that seems like his logic.
I am on board with this assertion too, however like you said, I don't agree with it at all. I don't think it's ok to flush this season down the toilet because of that, though.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
You can get hurt in practice without contact, this is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. People get hurt all the time if Kolby Peel hasn't gotten hurt and he's played every game, Jarick Bernard has also played in every game both are freshmen and both play a whole lot of football. Darian Daniels got hurt in practice. Spencer Sanders isn't a fragile little flower he's a football player and he is aware of the danger of playing football. If the coach doesn't want him to play because he's afraid he will be injured perhaps he should be coaching soccer or flag football.
This. I am tired of that excuse. You can get injured from getting out of bed in the morning. You can get injured from working out, or practice as stated above. Whether you are labeled "freshman" or "sophomore", it is irrelevant.

Posse85

Greenhorn
Sep 24, 2017
Stillwater
Spence aint playing next week. Gundy let the boys off this week. Only practiced Tues, Wed and lifting today. Then letting them go home until Sunday night. He said that he found practicing hard in an off week is counterproductive.....

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Spence aint playing next week. Gundy let the boys off this week. Only practiced Tues, Wed and lifting today. Then letting them go home until Sunday night. He said that he found practicing hard in an off week is counterproductive.....
So by his own admission during the off week when, changes need to be made to right the ship, they only practiced an additional 30-40 minutes the entire week?........ Nothing to worry about here folks, nothing at all.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
So by his own admission during the off week when, changes need to be made to right the ship, they only practiced an additional 30-40 minutes the entire week?........ Nothing to worry about here folks, nothing at all.
Well he's gotta hunt those doves in Enid sometime. Season is only open two more weeks until December.

Apr 27, 2006
Do you think Holder is uncertain if we want to see wins or losses?
I think like the rest of us, Holder is uncertain whether Gundy gives two s**ts about wins or losses. But like we saw in basketball and most all aspects of life, money talks as do empty seats and unsold season tickets.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Do you think Holder would care at all about losses if they weren't directly tied to revenue?
Absolutely. I am, at least, 100% sure he would still care. He's an OSU fan longer than almost everyone on this board. His ego and job satisfaction are very directly tied to the success of the most important sport in the athletic department. He's about as Orange as it gets.

Holder knows we want wins. He may not pull the trigger on a coach as fast as some of the fans want, but that decision is not taken lightly. He can't overact to a bad game or season, and he has to consider the cost of the buyout and risk/reward of finding a replacement.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Absolutely. I am, at least, 100% sure he would still care. He's an OSU fan longer than almost everyone on this board. His ego and job satisfaction are very directly tied to the success of the most important sport in the athletic department. He's about as Orange as it gets.

Holder knows we want wins. He may not pull the trigger on a coach as fast as some of the fans want, but that decision is not taken lightly. He can't overact to a bad game or season, and he has to consider the cost of the buyout and risk/reward of finding a replacement.
kind of like how he overreacted to 1 semi descent season w/ Travis Ford? just sayin'.......... maybe he learned his lesson in an opposite set of circumstances kind of way

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Some thoughts to add to this.
First, many people argued that Gundy did not play anybody else in the early season blowouts because he wanted to strategically use the other QB's later in the year and save their redshirt. Well later in the year is now so if that was the plan we should start seeing those guys get some PT.....if he doesn't start playing these other QB's in the next couple of games, then I'm going to assume this was never a "strategic decision" and it will only make me question more why we didn't try those guys out in those blowout wins.

Second, the first game next year is on the road at Oregon State. Now, obviously Oregon State is one of the worst teams in Power 5 right now, but they still have the money and resources of the P5 so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they have some talent heading into next year. Do we really want to let a RS Freshman take his first ever collegiate snap on the road against a P5 opponent if we have the means to get him some snaps this year and not lose any eligibility?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think like the rest of us, Holder is uncertain whether Gundy gives two s**ts about wins or losses. But like we saw in basketball and most all aspects of life, money talks as do empty seats and unsold season tickets.
How did unsold and empty seats in basketball "talk?"

IMHO, they said, "we, your fan base, don't care about basketball anymore." AND, now we have the results of that communication...a mostly empty GIA and a nearly bottom dweller program...

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
kind of like how he overreacted to 1 semi descent season w/ Travis Ford? just sayin'.......... maybe he learned his lesson in an opposite set of circumstances kind of way
Good point. That was in the context of a lot of program instability but it's a lesson learned.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Holder is competitive, Gundy is competitive, Holder knows Gundy is competitive. These are not schmucks that work in a cubicle for an hourly wage. They achieved what they did and pursued the careers they did because they are highly competitive. They also know we want to win. We don't need to find a way to send a coded message to them.