Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
If we let little league parents start running our program then we will end up where Arkansas is now. Here is where it started.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/121406aag.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
If you're a recruit you were barely out of diapers at that time, so I doubt Arkansas's demise is what they think of. That's quite a hyperbole to draw from in regards to the future of our football program.

Nov 30, 2015
Broken Arrow
Dru and/or Spencer need to play this year, but I don't see it happening against Texas. I try to stay optimistic, but I'll definitely be frustrated if we get blown out against UT on Saturday and we don't see any kind of change at QB the rest of the way.

I get that Corndog has been committed to the program, but if we are truly accepting this season as a rebuilding year it makes zero sense to never play Dru or Spencer this season when one of them will more than likely be the starter next year and after the UT game shouldn't affect their redshirt status.

Feb 18, 2009
If we let little league parents start running our program then we will end up where Arkansas is now. Here is where it started.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/121406aag.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree with the first half of the sentence. Don't care about Arkansas and their "demise."

However, it's a bad look for us on the field and off right now. Don't kid yourselves that recruits and prospects aren't paying attention.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I agree with the first half of the sentence. Don't care about Arkansas and their "demise."

However, it's a bad look for us on the field and off right now. Don't kid yourselves that recruits and prospects aren't paying attention.
I wasn't really asking for sympathy for Arkansas, I was saying we don't want to following that path. We don't want players' parents going to Holder asking for emergency meetings with Boone and throwing tantrums, because that would take us down bad paths.

BTW, it didn't exactly work out well for Mustain, his mommy didn't do him any favors.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I wasn't really asking for sympathy for Arkansas, I was saying we don't want to following that path. We don't want players' parents going to Holder asking for emergency meetings with Boone and throwing tantrums, because that would take us down bad paths.

BTW, it didn't exactly work out well for Mustain, his mommy didn't do him any favors.
I completely agree with the idea that a program shouldn't be run by parents throwing fits. But nobody is saying that we should do that. The scenario that you're framing isn't actually what's happening.

We're not discussing a successful team that had to bench a freshman due to poor play or someone outperforming him, and now the parents are disgruntled due to lack of PT. We're discussing a team that has zero on-field leadership, is losing games, and is in a tailspin - and everyone but the head coach (including the player's parent) seems willing to give someone else a shot to spark the team.

Just because a parent complains doesn't mean they are wrong to do it. Heck, she was just voicing what everyone in the stands (probably sidelines) and watching on TV was already thinking. Sure, she's biased. But that doesn't necessarily mean she's wrong.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I completely agree with the idea that a program shouldn't be run by parents throwing fits. But nobody is saying that we should do that. The scenario that you're framing isn't actually what's happening.
Mm hmm...
Please give my boy a chance... Spence Sanders #okstate

Tweeted end at 1:12, probably around the start of the 2nd half.

What is going through your mind if you are a recruit with offers from us, Texas Tech, Kansas State or Iowa State?

It's way past panic time! Holder needs a sit down with Boone pronto!

Dec 19, 2012
You can get hurt in practice without contact, this is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. People get hurt all the time if Kolby Peel hasn't gotten hurt and he's played every game, Jarick Bernard has also played in every game both are freshmen and both play a whole lot of football. Darian Daniels got hurt in practice. Spencer Sanders isn't a fragile little flower he's a football player and he is aware of the danger of playing football. If the coach doesn't want him to play because he's afraid he will be injured perhaps he should be coaching soccer or flag football.
Sorry, I haven't been on and had a chance to respond in a timely manner. Gundy went to a practice schedule with less contact (I think in 2010 or so), and we saw far fewer injuries from it. You're liklihood of injury is higher with more contact. The odd occurcies of injuries with no contact don't negate the higher liklihood of injuries with contact. It's why the new rules on kickoffs were implemented, to reduce contact.