Sports

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Ok I need some help. I didn’t want to start a thread for this, so I’m putting it here. I need someone to help me find the picture of the McNeese State special teams players that were stacked on top of each other. Does anyone remember what I’m talking about? I can’t find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
I don't know about that but I did like this pic recently on PFB.

1585435738487.png

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I watched the 2012 Fiesta Bowl from beginning to end today. I had forgotten a lot of things about that game. I forgot that Blackmon was injured. He still won the MVP playing at less than 100%. I forgot what a fantastic game Colton Chelf had, and not just his last catch but the entire game. I had forgotten how good the Stanford defense was, really good! I had forgotten what a great game our entire defense had against a future NFL Star. I had forgotten how hard Markel Brown hit people. I had forgotten what football looked like before every player that made a good hit got thrown out of the game. I did remember what a great arm Weeden had but I had forgotten what an absolute rocket launcher it looked like. I had definitely forgotten what Gundy looks like with a normal haircut. Let’s hope when Sports actually re-emerge someday that he sports a 2011 version. We definitely wouldn’t have won that game without the kicking blunders by the Stanford kicker but man oh man, what a great game that was!

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Watching some OSU vs Saint Joe’s 2004 Regional Final today. I sure hope we win!

Just heard some folks holler “Spoooooon” when he made a play. There were some beasts on this team, Ivan, Joey, Tony, Lucas, Bobbick, Spoon, Crawford......31-3 after this game. It’ll be tough to top the talent level of this team. I don’t know if we’ll ever see coaching like the Master of the Scowl again......

And at 15:24 of the second half the Cool Chicks were shown wearing Orange and riding that pony!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I watched the 2012 Fiesta Bowl from beginning to end today. I had forgotten a lot of things about that game. I forgot that Blackmon was injured. He still won the MVP playing at less than 100%. I forgot what a fantastic game Colton Chelf had, and not just his last catch but the entire game. I had forgotten how good the Stanford defense was, really good! I had forgotten what a great game our entire defense had against a future NFL Star. I had forgotten how hard Markel Brown hit people. I had forgotten what football looked like before every player that made a good hit got thrown out of the game. I did remember what a great arm Weeden had but I had forgotten what an absolute rocket launcher it looked like. I had definitely forgotten what Gundy looks like with a normal haircut. Let’s hope when Sports actually re-emerge someday that he sports a 2011 version. We definitely wouldn’t have won that game without the kicking blunders by the Stanford kicker but man oh man, what a great game that was!
Watched it again, myself!

I'd forgotten just how great that Stanford OL was, 3 1st rounders, & the job our defense did against them & Luck.

The late 4th down slant to Blackmon was as clutch as it gets. Oh, & man, Blackmon was just a beast when it came to YAC.

You mentioned the kicking blunders by Stanford, & I'd add that having Colby FLeener out due to injury was huge.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You joke, but I occasionally watch the 2001 Bedlam game, and I'm still a little anxious about it, because there was no way we could win that game.

After watching it my question is, how did that team only win 3 games prior to that all season long? That defense was insane that day.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
ESPN needs to return to their roots and start showing: Snooker and pool competitions, Australian Rules Football, Fishing, Noodling (the world outside of Oklahoma needs to learn the nuances of this highly competitive sport), Cornhole under the lights, darts and bocce ball.
Those sports just don't get the attention they deserve.
Also, I'd like to see Stephen A Smith broadcasting from his home basement, temporary studio in his Picachu pajamas. I could take him seriously with these changes.
I challenge those that say there is no sports to watch.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
ESPN needs to return to their roots and start showing: Snooker and pool competitions, Australian Rules Football, Fishing, Noodling (the world outside of Oklahoma needs to learn the nuances of this highly competitive sport), Cornhole under the lights, darts and bocce ball.
Those sports just don't get the attention they deserve.
Also, I'd like to see Stephen A Smith broadcasting from his home basement, temporary studio in his Picachu pajamas. I could take him seriously with these changes.
I challenge those that say there is no sports to watch.
Last weekend I watched rock skipping and cherry pit spitting on one of the ESPN channels.:facepalm:

Mrs. #1 Pokes Fan said bad words to me. :lol:

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2008

Just heard some folks holler “Spoooooon” when he made a play. There were some beasts on this team, Ivan, Joey, Tony, Lucas, Bobbick, Spoon, Crawford......31-3 after this game. It’ll be tough to top the talent level of this team. I don’t know if we’ll ever see coaching like the Master of the Scowl again......

And at 15:24 of the second half the Cool Chicks were shown wearing Orange and riding that pony!
I took a photo of it at that point. Those were the fun days with the Cool Chicks in Gallagher.

Attachments

Nov 6, 2010
Watched it again, myself!

I'd forgotten just how great that Stanford OL was, 3 1st rounders, & the job our defense did against them & Luck.

The late 4th down slant to Blackmon was as clutch as it gets. Oh, & man, Blackmon was just a beast when it came to YAC.

You mentioned the kicking blunders by Stanford, & I'd add that having Colby FLeener out due to injury was huge.
Not only their OL, but I think they had 2 NFL caliber tight ends too. I remember being so frustrated that they just kept running it down our throats, and if we did manage to get them into a 3rd down, Luck would just hit one of those TE's for a first down. They were just so methodical, but then we'd get the ball back after a score and gash them right back.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not only their OL, but I think they had 2 NFL caliber tight ends too. I remember being so frustrated that they just kept running it down our throats, and if we did manage to get them into a 3rd down, Luck would just hit one of those TE's for a first down. They were just so methodical, but then we'd get the ball back after a score and gash them right back.
Yep, Fleener was the better of the 2 TE's in college, but Zac Ertz is a stud in the NFL.

I guess when I think back on it & your point about those 3rd down conversions, I have to say that Eli Manning & Luck reminded me a lot of each other in our bowl games against them.

I had to go back & look at the boxscore now. Some very interesting numbers that I'd admittedly forgot:

Luck 27/31 for 347 yards. 196, 196! QBR

Blackmon was our leading rusher with 1 carry for 52 yards. Otherwise, we ran it 13 times for 17 yards-wow!

Justin Gilbert averaged 34 yards per KO return.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Yep, Fleener was the better of the 2 TE's in college, but Zac Ertz is a stud in the NFL.

I guess when I think back on it & your point about those 3rd down conversions, I have to say that Eli Manning & Luck reminded me a lot of each other in our bowl games against them.

I had to go back & look at the boxscore now. Some very interesting numbers that I'd admittedly forgot:

Blackmon was our leading rusher with 1 carry for 52 yards. Otherwise, we ran it 13 times for 17 yards-wow!

I think their RB spent time in the NFL too, or maybe is still playing. He was good.

Jun 14, 2011

In my opinion, that was the de-facto National Title game. Both those teams were better than Bama/LSU and would have beat them if the situations were reversed.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
In my opinion, that was the de-facto National Title game. Both those teams were better than Bama/LSU and would have beat them if the situations were reversed.
I love Oklahoma State, and that was a great season; but the Alabama - LSU game had 28 defensive players that were drafted for the NFL, 14 on each team; 10 of the 28 players were drafted in the first round.

Alabama

2014 draft

2013 draft

2012 draft

LSU

2014 draft

2013 draft

2012 draft

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I love Oklahoma State, and that was a great season; but the Alabama - LSU game had 28 defensive players that were drafted for the NFL, 14 on each team; 10 of the 28 players were drafted in the first round.

Alabama

2014 draft

2013 draft

2012 draft

LSU

2014 draft

2013 draft

2012 draft

The only problem with this is that by projecting 2 years into the future there, you're talking about guys who weren't even playing in 2011-12. Some of those guys obviously became high NFL picks, but they weren't necessarily at that level in '11-12.

For instance, Odell Beckham had 4 catches that year.

Now having said that, I'm not an OSU fan that automatically assumes we'd have beaten either team. It took a lot of good fortune to beat Stanford, fwiw.

It was a total screwjob, though, to have that rematch.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
The only problem with this is that by projecting 2 years into the future there, you're talking about guys who weren't even playing in 2011-12. Some of those guys obviously became high NFL picks, but they weren't necessarily at that level in '11-12.

Now having said that, I'm not an OSU fan that automatically assumes we'd have beaten either team. It took a lot of good fortune to beat Stanford, fwiw.

It was a total screwjob, though, to have that rematch.
I don't think any team could have prevented OSU from scoring that year. The D was questionable, but LSU had problems scoring. I liked the matchup.