Super Regional Game 3

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It's got to raise some real question as how a leading agriculture university can not utilize a ground drainage system so prominent to the successful farming of land in so many areas of the world, even being used back in Roman times, was not implemented on our own sports fields from the start.

If farmers know the importance of drainage to increasing crop yields and although I never took any ag classes while at OSU, I would almost bet your life on the practice being taught in that field.
Also, if farmers can find the expense of adding drainage in their field, one would think OSU would have done it initially or at some time during the decades of Cowboy baseball in the property behind Bennett Hall.

Perhaps the school felt it wasn't necessary. I can't fathom the expense as being the deciding issue.
But, for whatever reason, it did end up costing us a homefield advantage, which we overcame at OKC, but it should have never been an issue and to my knowledge hasn't been an issue at any other baseball facility in the Big 12.

It's a moot point, but how many times and ways could a properly draining field have helped OSU baseball over the years.

Does anyone have any knowledge of O'Brate Stadium's drainage plans? I tried to GTS (Google That Sh*t), but to no avail.

I have heard the new ballpark will have an excellent drainage system, maybe the same type of system that’s at ONEOK Field in Tulsa, which drains very very well.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
6 outs from Omaha, new pitcher in, 4 runs given up, & not even a visit to the mound. Walton channeled the ghost of Tom Holliday in that game.

Sorry, but all the "aw shucks, Tech's really good" talk is weak sauce.