T. Boone has passed.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Oklahoma State, the State of Texas, The City of Dallas, and indeed The Nation..just lost a dreamer who put his money into them.

Is he the reason we are now energy independent?

We will never be able to thank him enough...

RIP

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The vision he helped support for OSU cannot be overstated, imo.

I remember an interview that President Halligan gave after he'd left OSU. He talked about Bill Powers (UT President then) telling him flatly "you've either got to do something about that stadium, or else..." (paraphrasing).

Coach Holder would later say that we'd have been staring at Conference USA without the stadium renovation.

I thought both seemed extreme at the time, but man was I wrong. The vision of Holder & others, & the support of Boone were absolutely necessary & the timing couldn't have been better. The long-neglected facilities of then are now points of pride with virtually every sport, & that was a pipe dream at OSU for decades.

Between the athletics & academic donations, there's literally no telling how much giving he brought about at OSU.

Oct 30, 2007
From the outside looking in, it sure seems that he had a life well lived. He positively impacted a great deal of people. His legacy will live on forever. I always wished that I could've thanked him in person for everything he did. I hope he knows how much he meant to our fanbase.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
From the outside looking in, it sure seems that he had a life well lived. He positively impacted a great deal of people. His legacy will live on forever. I always wished that I could've thanked him in person for everything he did. I hope he knows how much he meant to our fanbase.
Funny you’d say that. One of his estranged sons started a blog dishing out all the family secrets. I got into more than one discussion with him about how he should be the bigger man and try to be happy that he still had a chance to right the wrongs. He told me to go take my meds.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Funny you’d say that. One of his estranged sons started a blog dishing out all the family secrets. I got into more than one discussion with him about how he should be the bigger man and try to be happy that he still had a chance to right the wrongs. He told me to go take my meds.

You live that long, and make & lose and remake that much money, you're gonna piss some people off. Including family. It is what it is.

Our athletic department has 2 distinct eras, before and after his 1st massive donation. I felt like the gifts came with a little too many strings, but I'll be forever grateful for what he did with his giving. Without his giving, we're not even a shadow of what we are now as a University. He changed our fortunes, literally.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I wonder if that was the son who got arrested stealing stuff from a fishing store.