Taylor grand jury: 1 officer indicted

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I don’t think you’re being particularly fair to Kenneth Walker, especially alluding that he may have heard them call police. For the record his charges were dropped (they don’t usually let ppl who shoot cops not get to trial), there was absolutely nothing illegal in the house that would provide motive to shoot a police officer, and the New York Times did interview 11 surrounding witnesses who all say they never heard the police identify themselves. It very much sounds like an accidental knock with no identification and then they went through with a botched NKW. It’s extremely reasonable to think that Walker was just a law abiding gun owner who thought he was getting robbed.

The cops got shot at, it’s not debatable that their use of force was necessary and so they shouldn’t face murder charges. HOWEVER, it’s clear that there’s a complete lack of accountability by the state since this is a situation they 100% manufactured that resulted in unnecessary death. “Aw shucks, a bad situation all around” shouldn’t cut it, and we, as a country that values liberty above all else, should find ways to punish those in government (like the judge, like the detectives seeking to execute the warrant) who are so flippant with individuals rights. The system seems very broken right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now?

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I don’t think you’re being particularly fair to Kenneth Walker, especially alluding that he may have heard them call police. For the record his charges were dropped (they don’t usually let ppl who shoot cops not get to trial), there was absolutely nothing illegal in the house that would provide motive to shoot a police officer, and the New York Times did interview 11 surrounding witnesses who all say they never heard the police identify themselves. It very much sounds like an accidental knock with no identification and then they went through with a botched NKW. It’s extremely reasonable to think that Walker was just a law abiding gun owner who thought he was getting robbed.

The cops got shot at, it’s not debatable that their use of force was necessary and so they shouldn’t face murder charges. HOWEVER, it’s clear that there’s a complete lack of accountability by the state since this is a situation they 100% manufactured that resulted in unnecessary death. “Aw shucks, a bad situation all around” shouldn’t cut it, and we, as a country that values liberty above all else, should find ways to punish those in government (like the judge, like the detectives seeking to execute the warrant) who are so flippant with individuals rights. The system seems very broken right now.

Right now?
Yeah, maybe not my best wording.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Kaepernick Is 100% right. We should definitely abolish the police to create more safety.
I think he followed up this brilliant idea by suggesting we abolish doctors to eliminate the coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1308936290126225411?s=21
Pretty divisive guy. Even if you can’t see it, it can be read in his own words. White supremacy invented policing I guess. (The white supremacist institution of policing) Seems like he’s only concerned about OUR people. If he wants to get really serious about police procedures and methods and the safety of the citizenry, he’d show us in the words chosen. Dude isn’t serious at all. These aren’t the words a person that wants peace would use. These are the words I would use to get people divided and angry.

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
This is what he said:

View attachment 85818
This is what the affidavit requesting the warrant said:

View attachment 85819
Where is the lie?
He is saying the “execution” wasn’t as a NKW despite the media trying to mislead people into believing that by leaving out that the police knocked, waited, and announced themselves as you would in a non-NKW. He isn’t saying it wasn’t technically a NKW. I think the key word in his tweet is execution and he’s spot on there.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
He is saying the “execution” wasn’t as a NKW despite the media trying to mislead people into believing that by leaving out that the police knocked, waited, and announced themselves as you would in a non-NKW. He isn’t saying it wasn’t technically a NKW. I think the key word in his tweet is execution and he’s spot on there.
Since it was a technicality I gues it is ok that a woman was murdered.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/ap/status/1308955614350016516?s=21

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Two police officers just shot. And zero mention in his official release.
That's pretty current so he probably hasn't had time to release an official statement yet. I'm guessing tomorrow he will say something appropriate though.

The President though, has he commented? Do you trust him to send a message that will provide healing?

I don't want to get overly political here. When the news broke I thought that the charges were fair for the situation but it's still just scratching the surface on the real issue. People are pissed and those that want to pursue anarchy have yet another way to be violent. This isn't the time to be making political statements. This is a time to be concerned about citizens and businesses owners in Louisville. I have no faith in the current administration to help this situation but I've spoken my peace here. I'll say a prayer for the citizens of Louisville tonight. Hopefully what happens here is brief and the city can heal.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
That's pretty current so he probably hasn't had time to release an official statement yet. I'm guessing tomorrow he will say something appropriate though.

The President though, has he commented? Do you trust him to send a message that will provide healing?

I don't want to get overly political here. When the news broke I thought that the charges were fair for the situation but it's still just scratching the surface on the real issue. People are pissed and those that want to pursue anarchy have yet another way to be violent. This isn't the time to be making political statements. This is a time to be concerned about citizens and businesses owners in Louisville. I have no faith in the current administration to help this situation but I've spoken my peace here. I'll say a prayer for the citizens of Louisville tonight. Hopefully what happens here is brief and the city can heal.
The governor is doing a news conference right now asking for people to go home.

Mar 11, 2006
Fair enough. My comment wasn’t fair in timing.

I let my watching of 30 min of CNN get the best of me. Non-stop excuse making for the violence.

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Fair enough. My comment wasn’t fair in timing.

I let my watching of 30 min of CNN get the best of me. Non-stop excuse making for the violence.
I did a lot of flipping around tonight and man was the excuse making shocking. And then I just saw on Fallon that he had some moronic nbc news lady breaking down the grand jury announcement and she said an officer was found guilty of wanton endangerment. That’s right, not charged but found guilty. And Fallon just nodded along. This is the level of professionalism we have in the MSM.