Taylor grand jury: 1 officer indicted

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Kaepernick Is 100% right. We should definitely abolish the police to create more safety.
I think he followed up this brilliant idea by suggesting we abolish doctors to eliminate the coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1308936290126225411?s=21
so policing in and of itself is white supremacist? Do they police in non-white majority areas of the world? Do they use the same or similar techniques to obtain the same or similar objectives?

Mar 11, 2006
so policing in and of itself is white supremacist? Do they police in non-white majority areas of the world? Do they use the same or similar techniques to obtain the same or similar objectives?
The sad thing is the amount of people that liked his tweet or replied with comments supporting his tweet. My respect level for Kaepernick is lower than his completion percentage the past three years.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Wow, ok then..... I guess I'll let him defend himself, but my opinion is that you are WAY off base in saying that about him. Keep it family friendly Snuffy, not cool to say that a person in here is ok with murder, when they're obviously not.
So I guess civility is out the window?
I stand by what I said with his mental gymnastics to justify a death that had no reason to happen.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Wow, ok then..... I guess I'll let him defend himself, but my opinion is that you are WAY off base in saying that about him. Keep it family friendly Snuffy, not cool to say that a person in here is ok with murder, when they're obviously not.
He knows I don’t think that it’s ok to murder someone so I won’t take offense. It’s just frustration on his part. My focus is really on the media’s coverage of this and not the incident itself. After researching this case last night it appears snuffy is right and there will not be any video of the incident. Which means we are stuck with the facts we have now.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Ironically I think the grand jury got it right for the most part. The officer who was charged should have been, but I think it is wrong that none of the charges involved shooting into Taylor’s apartment. I think there should be people up the ladder who should be charged and/or fired, leadership failed the officers not charged as well as Taylor and her family.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
He knows I don’t think that it’s ok to murder someone so I won’t take offense. It’s just frustration on his part. My focus is really on the media’s coverage of this and not the incident itself. After researching this case last night it appears snuffy is right and there will not be any video of the incident. Which means we are stuck with the facts we have now.
And that is where we are at, you threw a bunch of stuff, it was refuted, you did it again and rinse and repeat. You focus eventually shifted to a member of the media who was pushed inaccurate info that was biased. I think I have been respectful but straightforward.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
And that is where we are at, you threw a bunch of stuff, it was refuted, you did it again and rinse and repeat. You focus eventually shifted to a member of the media who was pushed inaccurate info that was biased. I think I have been respectful but straightforward.
What was refuted? My point has always been that the media has placed an emphasis on it being a NKW without at the same time equally emphasizing that it’s a known fact that the police did knock, did wait for someone to answer, and did announce themselves. And that doesn’t get into other falsehoods like her being portrayed as being shot while asleep in her bed, that the warrant was for the wrong apartment, etcetera. Intentionally misleading people is lying. I have in no way been refuted on any of that. And it is your opinion that you have been respectful. I don’t feel you have but I can do nothing about it so I will move on.

Mar 11, 2006
Maybe respectful, but your comprehension of what he posted was certainly different from what I interpreted from his post. No where....no where did he say or imply it okay someone was murdered.

Mar 11, 2006
What was refuted? My point has always been that the media has placed an emphasis on it being a NKW without at the same time equally emphasizing that it’s a known fact that the police did knock, did wait for someone to answer, and did announce themselves. And that doesn’t get into other falsehoods like her being portrayed as being shot while asleep in her bed, that the warrant was for the wrong apartment, etcetera. Intentionally misleading people is lying. I have in no way been refuted on any of that. And it is your opinion that you have been respectful. I don’t feel you have but I can do nothing about it so I will move on.
The misinformation about the case is incredible. This is an example of why I rant about MSM. People that follow CNN aren’t educated about the facts of the case and are grossly misinformed. The Louisville Journal did a phenomenal job uncovering the true facts of the case.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
The misinformation about the case is incredible. This is an example of why I rant about MSM. People that follow CNN and others aren’t educated about the facts of the case. The Louisville Journal did a phenomenal job uncovering the true facts of the case.
USA Today did a full section claims and with they were true, false or in between. I have not have seen that done elsewhere.
Fact checking 8 myths in Breonna Taylor case: Was she asleep when police shot her? Is there body-cam footage?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...na-taylor-fact-check-rumors-wrong/3515068001/

Mar 11, 2006
USA Today did a full section claims and with they were true, false or in between. I have not have seen that done elsewhere.
The article from USA Today about the 8 myths is from the Louisville Journal. It is a very condensed version of the multiple part multiple day investigative story they did.
You don’t deserve to die for being involved with the drug trade, but lots of anecdotal evidence she was involved. And heavily involved with a felon.