He put all his homes and assets in California up for sale over two weeks ago in his battle with the Governor and the State of Dictators they have in that state...damn shame because nearly half of the people of California have a full functioning brain...too bad they aren't in control of the State Government.
Austin has devolved into a hellhole after the far-left mayor opened every sidewalk, greenbelt, and underpass to homeless camping. He is engaged in a massive commercial real estate/development scam with his commercial realtor wife.
There are also at least of couple of nakedly marxist city-council members.
He's talking about the location of a new plant to build his trucks. I'm betting he runs from Cali. I would put my money on Texas getting the plant. There are no Tesla dealers in Oklahoma so maybe he comes this way instead of Texas. Have to have dealerships to sell cars in most states.
1. It's a smart choice
2. Tulsa is an up and comer...Austin already came
3. Tulsa has Keiser billionaire who splits time in SF and Bay Area with Tulsa and knows Musk thru solar (Solyndra...a bust...but a learning experience)
4. Pro business mantra politicos are totally in power...not just part way like in Texas
5. Jim Bridenstine is from Tulsa and is the current head of NASA
6. Port of CaTesla?
7. Progressive neo cons > progressive socialist
8. Oil Capital becomes EV Capital
9. Elon's "musk" is on the Golden Driller
10. Works on airplane assembly can work on auto assembly...labor force stands at the ready
11. location location location
12. Oklahoma real estate prices vs Austin real estate prices
13. He's a leader not a follower and Austin is for followers
IMHO an easy choice and an obvious one as well...Hope he's as smart and visionary as he sometimes seems.