Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Good use of your resources, two year old are lots of fun.
She certainly demands a lot of resources! She's had a rough day today. Had meltdowns about 30 times about super silly stuff. My wife and I have been frustrated at times, but it's mostly been hilarious.

Jun 12, 2007
I will not be attending the bowl game. We're a single income household, still paying off student loans, and have a 2 year old. It's just not a good use of our limited resources at this point in our life. Maybe in 5-10 years, hopefully when we're playing something better than the nobodycares.org bowl.
I totally understand if finances prevent you from attending a bowl game but I assure you attending a bowl is a ton of fun. In 5 or 10 years, we may not be making bowls. They are not guaranteed. TCU, WV, Kansas and TT will attest to that this year as Nebraska and Arkansas. When you are able financially I highly recommend attending any bowl from the Cheez-It to the Sugar. I've been going to the bowl games for 15 years now and the only bowl that was just okay was the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Even then, I'm glad we went because we got to see a game in the real Cotton Bowl. Glad we went, might or might not return. The others, 100% for sure. I hope you get to go one day.

Dec 6, 2011
Who cares,really???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We never went to a bowl when I was there from 98-02, coming agonizingly lose twice at 5-6. I’m not happy losing to OU and rarely getting into big ones like the Sugar in 2015...but I’d much rather be in this sustained range of 8-10 win years than be Texas that’s a total roller coaster of staff turnover, faded glory and angst....all with more resources than just about every program out there.

So I care.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I totally understand if finances prevent you from attending a bowl game but I assure you attending a bowl is a ton of fun. In 5 or 10 years, we may not be making bowls. They are not guaranteed. TCU, WV, Kansas and TT will attest to that this year as Nebraska and Arkansas. When you are able financially I highly recommend attending any bowl from the Cheez-It to the Sugar. I've been going to the bowl games for 15 years now and the only bowl that was just okay was the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Even then, I'm glad we went because we got to see a game in the real Cotton Bowl. Glad we went, might or might not return. The others, 100% for sure. I hope you get to go one day.
I've been to the Houston, Cotton, Alamo, and Independence.

Houston sucked because I got sick on the first day of the trip. I still remember the long Tatum Bell run where everyone stood up as he ran right towards us, and I just sat there trying not to puke. Great game, terrible trip.

Cotton sucked because we lost to Ole Miss, and Dallas was just not a fun destination.

Alamo might have been one of the best trips, but worst games.

Independence was fun overall, because it was a crazy road trip with a bunch of us crammed in one car, and the game was entertaining.

We'll be fine within the next few years, but have to live on a tight budget for a while. Looking forward to attending more games then!

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
As I see it. The
#1 seed are the conference champions
#2 the conference runner up
#3 Texas
#4 OSU
#5 KSU
#6 ISU

Here’s why. If you take the four teams tied for third and check each of the four’s records against the other four, then Texas and OSU are both 2-1, and KSU and ISU are 1-2. So, head to head, Texas beat the Cowboys so the Horns are 3rd and the Cowboys are 4th. Then, KSU beat ISU, so they get the bragging rights for 5th, while the Cyclones get the dregs.

Oct 27, 2011
As I see it. The
#1 seed are the conference champions
#2 the conference runner up
#3 Texas
#4 OSU
#5 KSU
#6 ISU

Here’s why. If you take the four teams tied for third and check each of the four’s records against the other four, then Texas and OSU are both 2-1, and KSU and ISU are 1-2. So, head to head, Texas beat the Cowboys so the Horns are 3rd and the Cowboys are 4th. Then, KSU beat ISU, so they get the bragging rights for 5th, while the Cyclones get the dregs.
Bowls can pick whoever they want of who’s available.

After BU and OU are off the board it’s:

Texas- In a tailspin but biggest fanbase

OSU- Solid brand, solid team, and solid fanbase but missing two headline players

ISU- Very strong traveling fanbase but frustrating season might dampen enthusiasm.

KSU- Probably most excited to be bowling after last year and travels well.

You can argue a lot of scenarios with that group

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
OSU- Solid brand, solid team, and solid fanbase but missing two headline players
Should have 1 of our headliners back by then, but I'd be good with starting Dru Brown anyway.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Bowls can pick whoever they want of who’s available.

After BU and OU are off the board it’s:

Texas- In a tailspin but biggest fanbase

ISU- Very strong traveling fanbase but frustrating season might dampen enthusiasm.

KSU- Probably most excited to be bowling after last year and travels well.

You can argue a lot of scenarios with that group
Oh...look who showed up. Hide your women!

Aug 7, 2006
We should be going to the Camping World Bowl, but I just can't help but think they're going to want to match up Notre Dame and Texas. Just seems like something they would do. It would be fun to see us play Notre Dame. Almost happened in 2017, but they dodged us by going to the Citrus Bowl instead... hopefully they can't this year.

Jun 12, 2007
he also tweeted out, "thank you Cowboy nation for a great season".....sounds like he's done for the year
Not true. The vast majority of players do play in the bowl games. Mason Rudolph and Washington both played for example. Blackmon played in his bowl game. I find it strange Chubba would not want to play in the bowl game with his team mates.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
he also tweeted out, "thank you Cowboy nation for a great season".....sounds like he's done for the year
Not true. The vast majority of players do play in the bowl games. Mason Rudolph and Washington both played for example. Blackmon played in his bowl game. I find it strange Chubba would not want to play in the bowl game with his team mates.
It would also give him the opportunity to pass 2000 yards.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Why do you find that strange? Aside from an insurance policy (no clue if he has one or not), he has a LOT more to lose than to gain from playing in a bowl.

Personally, I feel like he needs to get paid NOW. Gundy will run his legs off next season, which will just put more wear and tear on him. I've read some mock drafts, and a lot of scouts see his relatively light workload over the last two seasons (when averaged out) as a huge plus. Mileage is everything in the RB world, and putting another season of 20-30 touches per game on his body is just going to hurt his stock.

Wallace, on the other hand, probably needs to come back for another season. I believe he has the ability to play in the NFL next year, but scouts may view his health as a concern. He'll have to play next year just to dispel any concerns. WR is also different from RB in that mileage isn't as much a concern.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Why do you find that strange? Aside from an insurance policy (no clue if he has one or not), he has a LOT more to lose than to gain from playing in a bowl.

Personally, I feel like he needs to get paid NOW. Gundy will run his legs off next season, which will just put more wear and tear on him. I've read some mock drafts, and a lot of scouts see his relatively light workload over the last two seasons (when averaged out) as a huge plus. Mileage is everything in the RB world, and putting another season of 20-30 touches per game on his body is just going to hurt his stock.

Wallace, on the other hand, probably needs to come back for another season. I believe he has the ability to play in the NFL next year, but scouts may view his health as a concern. He'll have to play next year just to dispel any concerns. WR is also different from RB in that mileage isn't as much a concern.
Unfortunately for us, I think you are spot on. In Gundy’s presser he talked about how many hard hits Chuba takes play after play and the wear and tear on his body. All it takes is one bad one and his draft stock is in serious jeopardy. He’s a good kid and, for him and his family, he needs to take the money and run.