Texas football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This is a huge statement, and I could not agree more that it has more to do with all our societal ills than any other factor. But I'd give it a slightly different slant, in that I believe almost everyone loves their children, but not everyone loves or at least respects their marriage, or the institution in general.
For sure. That’s why I called it a blessing.
Having 2 parents is nothing to take for granted. As you can see @olderschool seems to think I meant my comment racially. Yet I meant it socially. There’s a huge advantage to having parents that love their child and I don’t see how we are going to legislate that privilege away.

I’ve noticed my political leaning friends are split when it comes to left vs right and parenting. The left ones won’t leave any inheritance as they think it’s unfair. The right ones are leaving money but with strings attached. Or at least, that’s what they claim.

Oct 30, 2007
For sure. That’s why I called it a blessing. Having 2 parents is nothing to take for granted.
IMO, this factor is the key to it all.

Single parent household rates by race:
1. Asian - 15%
2. White - 24%
3. Hispanic - 41%
4. Black - 65%

Test scores by race (high to low):
1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

Unemployment rates by race (low to high):
1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

Average median income by race (high to low):
1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

Incarceration rates by race (low to high):
1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

We hear all the time about things like white privilege & systemic racism, but the race that's succeeding at the highest level in the U.S. is a non-white minority group. The biggest "privilege" someone can have in life is being born into a family that will care for them and teach them the things they need to know to be successful in life. That's why single parent household rates are so important.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
For sure. That’s why I called it a blessing. Having 2 parents is nothing to take for granted.

1. Asian - 15%
2. White - 24%
3. Hispanic - 41%
4. Black - 65%

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

We hear all the time about things like white privilege & systemic racism, but the race that's succeeding at the highest level in the U.S. is a non-white minority group. The biggest "privilege" someone can have in life is being born into a family that will care for them and teach them the things they need to know to be successful in life. That's why single parent household rates are so important.
And liberals are constantly trying to destroy the family unit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

1. Asian - 15%
2. White - 24%
3. Hispanic - 41%
4. Black - 65%

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

1. Asian
2. White
3. Hispanic
4. Black

Don’t think “White privilege”, whatever that is, is responsible for 7% of our population committing over 50% of the nation’s murders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
Don’t think “White privilege”, whatever that is, is responsible for 7% of our population committing over 50% of the nation’s murders.
The inner city cycle of poverty & crime is vicious. These kids are born into broken homes that don't want them. They get very little early development and they struggle in school. They join gangs to replace the family structure they don't have at home and as a way to make money. Gangs push them towards crime, violence, & addiction. Many end up dead or incarcerated. Even if they want to turn their lives around after getting out of prison, they have no marketable job skills and a criminal history. They end up staying in poverty their entire lives. The African American homicide rate will be higher than normal until we find a way to break this cycle.

Everyone's lives are determined by the choices they make. It's a lot easier to make the right decisions when you're born into a good family that will care for you and teach you the things you need to know to be successful. The environment you're born into means a lot more than the color of your skin.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The inner city cycle of poverty & crime is vicious. These kids are born into broken homes that don't want them. They get very little early development and they struggle in school. They join gangs to replace the family structure they don't have at home and as a way to make money. Gangs push them towards crime, violence, & addiction. Many end up dead or incarcerated. Even if they want to turn their lives around after getting out of prison, they have no marketable job skills and a criminal history. They end up staying in poverty their entire lives. The African American homicide rate will be higher than normal until we find a way to break this cycle.

Everyone's lives are determined by the choices they make. It's a lot easier to make the right decisions when you're born into a good family that will care for you and teach you the things you need to know to be successful. The environment you're born into means a lot more than the color of your skin.
Exactly. The single biggest issue facing Black Americans is the lack of family structure. IMO, it’s the single biggest contributor to many problems, including crime, economic struggles, substance abuse and a certain lack of interest in education.

IMO, the issues (police abuse, BLM) currently being protested pale in comparison to the problems described above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: