The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
The State of Oklahoma is getting set for another Crimson and Cream Saturday.

Any puke pride?

Got wagers?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Any puke pride?

Got wagers?
I'm looking forward to the Rockin' Folkin' Chili Fest at Cain's after the game. The last time I went to a concert in the Brady District after a Bedlam game we shouldn't have won was 2014. Weeks or months before the show, I thought it would be a good idea to sit first row in the balcony at the Brady. That was a bad idea. I got so drunk during and after that Bedlam win, I saw two Ryan Adamses on stage the whole show.

Last edited:

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Aycock and Pittsley are good but Tovar is Tubb reincarnate. What are the odds on Benjamin wearing a plaid flannel shirt? Even money?

Nov 26, 2008
Austin, TX
Only thing we got going for us is being a big underdog. Perhaps we let loose and see what happens vs. a mediocre defense. As I said in another thread, though, if going aggressive pays off and we actually find ourselves up a score or two, you can bet your ass Gundy goes back to Mr. Conservative and blows it.
this man has watched a lot of OSU football...

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Any puke pride?

Got wagers?
I'm looking forward to the Rockin' Folkin' Chili Fest at Cain's after the game. The last time I went to a concert in the Brady District after a Bedlam game we shouldn't have won was 2014. Weeks or months before the show, I thought it would be a good idea to sit first row in the balcony. That was a bad idea. I got so drunk during and after that Bedlam win, I saw two Ryan Adamses on stage the whole show.
I’ve never gone to a show at Cain’s. Always wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Aycock and Pittsley are good but Tovar is Tubb reincarnate. What are the odds on Benjamin wearing a plaid flannel shirt? Even money?
No Tovar love? You really are the worst, aren't you? Aycock, Pittsley, Fullbright, pretty much all that Tulsa Sound group are all good. Tulsa is lucky to have them.

It's Benjaman. And if he's in flannel and you show up, I'll buy you a beer.

I'm most pleased that Levi Parham is on early at 8:15pm. I'll consume beer during the game and have a 16 month old. I can't last as late as I used to at these things.

Here's the lineup if anyone else is interested. Horton told me chili usually lasts till about 8:30 or 9:00pm. So, you'll be able to get a bowl after Bedlam, easy.

STAGE SCHEDULE for Nov 10th - doors 5:30 / chili 5:30 --
05:30 - Dom Ferrer
06:15 - Brad James Band
07:15 - Branjae
08:15 - Levi Parham
09:15 - A Tribute to Tulsa Music (John Fullbright, Paul Benjaman, Jesse Aycock, Dustin Pittsley & more)
10:30 - Jacob Tovar

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
No Tovar love? . . . . And if he's in flannel and you show up, I'll buy you a beer. . . .
I like Jacob just fine. He's one of only a handful that can get away with a swing at retro.

FYI, Paul wears a threadbare flannel shirt to most gigs and to gh almost every day.

What do you think about the pukes' chances in the GAME?

Huh?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I like Jacob just fine. He's one of only a handful that can get away with a swing at retro.

FYI, Paul wears a threadbare flannel shirt to most gigs and to gh almost every day.

What do you think about the pukes' chances in the GAME?

Huh?
I've been going to PBB shows since 2009. He's the Flannel King for sure.

As for our chances against the goons in the GAME.. Oh, we're not going to win. That's why I'm talking about Rockin' Folkin' Chili instead. I've never been able to go and I'm a big supporter of Tulsa Sound music. Horton always has this thing during football season and most times the Pokes prevent me from going. I was hoping for an early kick off for this Bedlam to get it out of the way before the show. We'll likely get whooped, but it wouldn't be the first time this season or ever against OU. So, it's not going to ruin my day like you might hope. As disappointing as this season has been, at least this loss won't be in disappointing fashion with high stakes like most of these Bedlams tend to go since our program has had a pulse under Gundy.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
I was being facetious. There are a lot of problems at stoolwater besides Mike that adversely impact the quality of football.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I’ve never gone to a show at Cain’s. Always wanted to.

I'd make time for it if/when. It won't disappoint you.
That’s what I’ve heard. I saw Ryan Adams last October though at the new Toyota Music Factory in Irving. No zoom. On the rail. Playing Ashes and Fire.