The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cro

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I'm looking forward to the Rockin' Folkin' Chili Fest at Cain's after the game. The last time I went to a concert in the Brady District after a Bedlam game we shouldn't have won was 2014. Weeks or months before the show, I thought it would be a good idea to sit first row in the balcony at the Brady. That was a bad idea. I got so drunk during and after that Bedlam win, I saw two Ryan Adamses on stage the whole show.
I was there. great show.........

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
That’s what I’ve heard. I saw Ryan Adams last October though at the new Toyota Music Factory in Irving. No zoom. On the rail. Playing Ashes and Fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! 2014 Bedlam ecstatic me should have been that close. That way I would have just seen one Ryan Adams.

In 2009 we saw him with the Cardinals in KC and then drove back to Tulsa to see him at the Brady the next night. My buddy's dad has worked for Stan Clark for years. He and Stan and a bunch of other Joe's managers rented a private dining area upstairs at Kaz's Chow House down the street from the Brady. I don't how my buddy and his mother found out, but they got word Ryan Adams and the Cardinals were on their way in, so they rushed down stairs, greeted the band and invited them up where we had plenty of extra space. We had a simple meet and greet with them, but let them seat and enjoy their meal with each other while we also ate and watched OSU kick Texas' ass in basketball. We must have made them happy or they were just in better spirits because they played over an hour longer than they did in KC. That Brady show is still a top 5 show of all time for me and crazy considering how underwhelming things went the night before in KC. A lot of the band was out at the Brady Tavern after the show and Little Joe McLerran was in there playing blues. Good times.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
OK.

What's wrong?

Has cowbuoy nation secretly been going to therapy?

Permanently bought into the lowered expectations mantra?

Found their actual birth certificate truly establishing who their daddy is?

Huh?

Trying to downplay the significance of state domination?

Come on!

Where is the heretofore previously irrepressible oSu ego?

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
OK.

What's wrong?

Huh?

Come on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06cSTAqAYk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
That’s what I’ve heard. I saw Ryan Adams last October though at the new Toyota Music Factory in Irving. No zoom. On the rail. Playing Ashes and Fire.

Very nice! 2014 Bedlam ecstatic me should have been that close. That way I would have just seen one Ryan Adams.

In 2009 we saw him with the Cardinals in KC and then drove back to Tulsa to see him at the Brady the next night. My buddy's dad has worked for Stan Clark for years. He and Stan and a bunch of other Joe's managers rented a private dining area upstairs at Kaz's Chow House down the street from the Brady. I don't how my buddy and his mother found out, but they got word Ryan Adams and the Cardinals were on their way in, so they rushed down stairs, greeted the band and invited them up where we had plenty of extra space. We had a simple meet and greet with them, but let them seat and enjoy their meal with each other while we also ate and watched OSU kick Texas' ass in basketball. We must have made them happy or they were just in better spirits because they played over an hour longer than they did in KC. That Brady show is still a top 5 show of all time for me and crazy considering how underwhelming things went the night before in KC. A lot of the band was out at the Brady Tavern after the show and Little Joe McLerran was in there playing blues. Good times.
I only discovered Ryan Adams four years ago, sadly. I grew up on singer songwriter stuff and when I was in a band during my college years and thereafter I didn’t listen to much music because it hindered the creative process. After I quit music around 2005-2006, I just listened to the radio and old shit I grew up on and kinda went stagnant.

I started writing songs again and was writing some super personal shit and my thought the entire time was “who the hell would listen to this stuff?”. It made sense to get it out. But never knew it had an audience. Then I put on a random playlist on Apple Music and this song called “Goddamn Lonely Love” came on. I was floored. It sent me down a rabbit hole of all kinds of stuff. A live version of “If I am a Stranger” was what got me on Ryan. I’ve seen Isbell three times already. I got tickets to see him acoustically in Birmingham and in Red Rocks next year.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
I only discovered Ryan Adams four years ago, sadly. I grew up on singer songwriter stuff and when I was in a band during my college years and thereafter I didn’t listen to much music because it hindered the creative process. After I quit music around 2005-2006, I just listened to the radio and old shit I grew up on and kinda went stagnant.

I started writing songs again and was writing some super personal shit and my thought the entire time was “who the hell would listen to this stuff?”. It made sense to get it out. But never knew it had an audience. Then I put on a random playlist on Apple Music and this song called “Goddamn Lonely Love” came on. I was floored. It sent me down a rabbit hole of all kinds of stuff. A live version of “If I am a Stranger” was what got me on Ryan. I’ve seen Isbell three times already. I got tickets to see him acoustically in Birmingham and in Red Rocks next year.

Very good stuff.

Nov 26, 2008
Austin, TX
OK.

What's wrong?

Huh?

Come on!

we just don't care...really pretty simple...