The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Players transfer all the time. That’s part of the recruiting game too. Oklahoma tapped into that. Get on the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have put several players on that bus in the NFL. If you think you’ll live off the heisman QB transfer bus then you’ll likely have the same disappointmen you feel in buying your defense hype over and over.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Players transfer all the time. That’s part of the recruiting game too. Oklahoma tapped into that. Get on the bus.

We have put several players on that bus in the NFL. If you think you’ll live off the heisman QB transfer bus then you’ll likely have the same disappointmen you feel in buying your defense hype over and over.
Welp, we got two four star guys already on the roster and a five star coming in next year. I think we will be fine.

Big difference in defensive hype is we got a coach that will fix the problems. And knows how to do that.

Gundy find your new defensive coordinator on google or YouTube?

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Welp, we got two four star guys already on the roster and a five star coming in next year. I think we will be fine.

Big difference in defensive hype is we got a coach that will fix the problems. And knows how to do that.

LOL you think coach promote from within is staying? That’s hilarious.

And don’t play dumb. You know where Knowles came from. Don’t play dumb.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

LOL you think coach promote from within is staying? That’s hilarious.

And don’t play dumb. You know where Knowles came from. Don’t play dumb.
Where the hell is Riley going?

And yeah I know where Knowles came from. Did Gundy use a Bing search maybe? Ask Siri?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Where the hell is Riley going?

And yeah I know where Knowles came from. Did Gundy use a Bing search maybe? Ask Siri?

Ruffin. Not Riley.
Ruffin isn’t taking over long term. You can’t hire a new coach in the middle of the season. Changes are made in the offseason. And the only person in house that could take over is Diaco. I’m expecting a bit of overhaul on that side. Riley’s dedicated to win. Ruffin could get moved back to D-line like he was before or a quality analyst. There’s been a ton of smoke about Pete Golding from Alabama recently.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
@Soonerme78

Hey douchebag, want to bet $20,000 on the bedlam wrestling in December? It'll give you a chance to make up the $10,00 you weren't able to sucker anybody into. We can put the cash in escrow and one of us (me) will laugh all the way to the bank. Hit me up if you want a chance to make some money.
I'll take that bet!

On OSU to win obviously. :D

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

In all fairness, this about as bad as us OSU fans making a bold declaration that the next guy will make our defense better. We heard the same thing when Venables got run outta town, we said the same thing when we ran Bill Young outta town, then Glenn Spencer.

It's like the West Virginia fan on the main board that tells us every single season how this is Holgerson & Huggins' "best team ever, blah, blah, blah."

I'll believe it when I see it.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

In all fairness, this about as bad as us OSU fans making a bold declaration that the next guy will make our defense better. We heard the same thing when Venables got run outta town, we said the same thing when we ran Bill Young outta town, then Glenn Spencer.

It's like the West Virginia fan on the main board that tells us every single season how this is Holgerson & Huggins' "best team ever, blah, blah, blah."

I'll believe it when I see it.
Oklahoma has the resources to attract people that Oklahoma State and West Virginia don’t have a chance on. We poached Frank Beamer‘s kid from Georgia for crying out loud. Lateral move. Riley can get those guys.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Oklahoma has the resources to attract people that Oklahoma State and West Virginia don’t have a chance on. We poached Frank Beamer‘s kid from Georgia for crying out loud. Lateral move. Riley can get those guys.

Not arguing the resources point. Looking at more than a decade now of actual history, & 2 DC's.

We can go on & on about Manny Diaz, Muschamp, any number of hotshot DC's that have come into the Big 12 & not set the world on fire. UT's got more resources than OU & they've also struggled to find that guy.

For you to act like it's some certainty is just homer talk.

If we see some cyclical trend where some of that top flight defensive talent starts staying in the Big 12 more, that'll make it alot more likely we'll see defenses improve.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Riley’s building something special right now. I got nothing but optimism about the future. Dude’s putting in the work. He’s young. Aggressive. Changing with the times. And he’s not full of shit.

Pretty refreshing.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Riley’s building something special right now. I got nothing but optimism about the future. Dude’s putting in the work. He’s young. Aggressive. Changing with the times. And he’s not full of shit.

Pretty refreshing.

Well you've already declared Diaco as the savior more than once, so this should be a pretty easy deal. There's certainly alot in Riley's career that suggests he knows what it takes to build a quality defense in the Big 12. I mean, he's been around so many & all.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

Pretty refreshing.

So, since Riley is young, aggressive, able to change, works hard, and isn't full of shit, plus, has resources, he will automatically make the right hire. It doesn't matter what happened at Texas or anywhere else or any other time at OU, this time it works because Riley.

osuwhit

A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Well you've already declared Diaco as the savior more than once, so this should be a pretty easy deal. There's certainly alot in Riley's career that suggests he knows what it takes to build a quality defense in the Big 12. I mean, he's been around so many & all.
Do you even buzz word, bro? Riley is young, aggressive, and refreshing.