The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Ruffin isn’t taking over long term. You can’t hire a new coach in the middle of the season. Changes are made in the offseason. And the only person in house that could take over is Diaco. I’m expecting a bit of overhaul on that side. Riley’s dedicated to win. Ruffin could get moved back to D-line like he was before or a quality analyst. There’s been a ton of smoke about Pete Golding from Alabama recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, that should work into multiple nc's, I hear Golding is almost as good as that DC at Clemson. What is his name again?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
He was impressive
Young and aggressive
Savin' the world on his own
But the warm summer breezes
The French wines and cheeses
Put his ambition at bay
His summers and winters
Scattered like splinters
And four to five years slipped away

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Any conversation about football... Oklahoma State fans eventually be like

So, in other words, you got nothing about what's actually being discussed.
Oh was I supposed to join in on your play on words about mocking my assessment about Lincoln Riley?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
While you guys are being mediocre and running your mouth about a program you can’t seem to ever beat, Kansas just hired a better coach than you guys got.

But at least you earned internet cool points on the orange loser club message board.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
While you guys are being mediocre and running your mouth about a program you can’t seem to ever beat, Kansas just hired a better coach than you guys got.

But at least you earned internet cool points on the orange loser club message board.

https://youtu.be/VsoQ3RPI9O0

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Ok tough guy, the one you're here posting on? That board?

I made a perfectly reasonable, non-flame post responding to you & literally all you've got is your meat-judging meme as a response? You're an asshat.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Ok tough guy, the one you're here posting on? That board?

I made a perfectly reasonable, non-flame post responding to you & literally all you've got is your meat-judging meme as a response? You're an asshat.
Actually, he's just a typical gooner, he strives to be an asshat. And he thinks he's being cute by using that handle because he thinks he's above all that typical gooner crap, but he's not. He's a Rose State dropout, couldn't find a single structure besides the fuhball field on the ou campus WITH a map, derives his happiness and well-being from 18 yr old kids, stalks them on the interwebs, hypocritical, goontard.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

No, don't deflect. Respond to how you think hiring a Bama DC will improve that sieve of a defense when the one who is killing it at Clemson couldn't do it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And BTW, this is more typical gooner. The guy went 28-21 at OSU but you hot take it to he's better than "us guys got" because he beat your squats 2 years in a row.

Well he went 4-7 in year 1, then turned them into a winning team going 8-5, 9-4 and 7-5. Beating their biggest rival twice and his last two recruiting classes were 24 and 21. They were on their way to being a perennial contender in the big 12. This is team who was 13-20 the 3 seasons before he showed up.

What's gundy done since? Same number of bedlam victories in 13 years as miles in 4. But he did have a conference championship, gotta give him that. But he isnt that great of a recruiter, most classes lately have been in the 30s and 40s and he has i think three top 30 classes in the last decade. 2019 is currently ranked 47th. Even duke is 36th. Purdue 25th. I mean come on! Osu could use a little of that miles magic

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Well he went 4-7 in year 1, then turned them into a winning team going 8-5, 9-4 and 7-5. Beating their biggest rival twice and his last two recruiting classes were 24 and 21. They were on their way to being a perennial contender in the big 12. This is team who was 13-20 the 3 seasons before he showed up.

What's gundy done since? Same number of bedlam victories in 13 years as miles in 4. But he did have a conference championship, gotta give him that. But he isnt that great of a recruiter, most classes lately have been in the 30s and 40s and he has i think three top 30 classes in the last decade. 2019 is currently ranked 47th. Even duke is 36th. Purdue 25th. I mean come on! Osu could use a little of that miles magic
See, here's the deal, we don't accept 21 losses in 4 years any more. Contrary to what you may believe, beating the squats doesn't define coaching ability. Miles also wasn't dealing with TCU and the SEC diluting his recruiting grounds. I don't think he'll survive in today's Big12.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

See, here's the deal, we don't accept 21 losses in 4 years any more. Contrary to what you may believe, beating the squats doesn't define coaching ability. Miles also wasn't dealing with TCU and the SEC diluting his recruiting grounds. I don't think he'll survive in today's Big12.
Gundy lost 23 in his first four years. Osu accepted it and he got them to be competitive. I think with Miles at the helm osu would have won a big 12 ring long before 2011. Beating OU doesn’t define ability but it does help shape the legacy of any coach at osu or texas like it or not. Especially if your trophy cabinet is otherwise pretty bare.

Who knows if he’ll survive but I bet he makes Kansas a better team