The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Thanks to Bama, Clemson and ND it’s gonna be a tight squeeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tight squeeze for sure, but they'll take the iconic logos and put those two Heisman contending QBs against each other. It's a shame OU doesn't have a defense. That could be a good slug fest.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Thanks to Bama, Clemson and ND it’s gonna be a tight squeeze.

Tight squeeze for sure, but they'll take the iconic logos and put those two Heisman contending QBs against each other. It's a shame OU doesn't have a defense. That could be a good slug fest.
We found one the past two games. Believe it or not, they’re ranked #59 in total defense in the nation. Even got off the field and everything.

Thanks Texas!!!

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
We found one the past two games. Believe it or not, they’re ranked #59 in total defense in the nation. Even got off the field and everything.

Thanks Texas!!!

Um.. TCU and KSU are not good, but you've got to start somewhere. We'll see what y'all can handle this weekend.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Thanks Texas!!!

Um.. TCU and KSU are not good, but you've got to start somewhere. We'll see what y'all can handle this weekend.
I’m not even going to point out the irony here.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I’m not even going to point out the irony here.

It's funny that you get your panties in a wad when OSU fans make fun of you and much of your fan base for rooting for OU while not having graduated, or much less, gone to school there. In the same sense though, you act like I can't point out the fact that OU sucks at defense while, at the same time, having a terrible defense at OSU.

You cry that you're a fan of the game and can choose whoever you want to root for. Well, I'm a fan of the game too and I can criticize any terrible defense when I see it. It doesn't matter if my team's defense sucks or not. I'm still allowed to discuss the game just like you're still allowed to hang your allegiance with a school that you have zero ties to. It's all good. It's calling a spade a spade; surely, you can relate. Or maybe not.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You guys got absolutely skullhumped by K State. Our B team was in halfway through the third quarter.

You guys come back and play good against a highly overrated Texas team, and your first response is “let’s see what you can handle”.

Really????

Then you gotta go all insecure and bring up alumni status. Jesus. Go get some Midol already.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
You guys got absolutely skullhumped by K State. Our B team was in halfway through the third quarter.

You guys come back and play good against a highly overrated Texas team, and your first response is “let’s see what you can handle”.

Really????

Then you gotta go all insecure and bring up alumni status. Jesus. Go get some Midol already.

If they're so overrated, what's your team's excuse?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Really????

And the maybe not part prevails.

I thought I made it pretty clear, but it went way over your head. Not sure how I can dumb it down for you any better, so you might just have to grow into this one.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Really????

If they're so overrated, what's your team's excuse?

Our defensive coordinator blew. Now he’s gone. Been a long time coming.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

OU fans thinking their D is all the sudden fixed after playing K-State and TCU make me giggle. Let's see how they fair vs. Tech and WVU. Lucky for OU, Iowa State hadn't yet figured out their best QB was on the bench when they played in Ames.

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OU fans thinking their D is all the sudden fixed after playing K-State and TCU make me giggle. Let's see how they fair vs. Tech and WVU. Lucky for OU, Iowa State hadn't yet figured out their best QB was on the bench when they played in Ames.
I dont know how 'fixed' it is but it's the first time in years they have not allowed 300 yards in successive games. Years.

I do think they are improved though. Here's an example: UCLA currently has the 115th rated offense out of 130. They had 383 yards against OU. Baylor's 93rd rated offense scored 33 and had 493 yards.

Right now OU D gives up 381 ypg.

Against tcu (#67offense) OU gives up 275 yards, 133 yards below their average. only 2 touchdowns, both of which were scored because tcu had incredible field position both times.

Against ksu (#117 offense) OU gives up 245 yards, 97 yards below their average. starters gave up 1 score all game.

So i am seeing a certain movement in the right direction.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Might wanna quit jawing about our situation and start worrying about yours.

Baylor huh?

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK

Might wanna quit jawing about our situation and start worrying about yours.

Baylor huh?

It had been settled weeks ago that the Pokes are garbage this season, worrying won’t do me any good.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yep.. just like I said. Y’all played KSU and TCU. TCU’s back up was lighting ou up then busted his hand. You tards beat your chest over these small feats. Here’s Tech torching you and might have beaten you if Bowman doesn’t go out with the mystery injury.

TL;DR your defense still sucks and y’all are hilarious to think it was any better.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Oh.. and yes, I’m aware we lost to Baylor and aren’t any good. I’m still allowed to point out how bad ou sucks at defense. I didn’t go to go to ou but I’m still a fan of them.. sucking.