The 2018 Bedlam & Flame Thread For Football to Help Not Have So Many Sidebar Threads

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I can’t hear you over the sound of your four losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’ve been wrong about your defense twice this year and keep going back to the koolaid.
For having both safeties out to injury and gift wrapping the first 14 points due to crappy interceptions, they played pretty damn good. Held them to 3 out of 13 on third down and stopped both two point conversions. Got the ball back to our offense enough to get back in it and win the game. That’s what it’s all about

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
For having both safeties out to injury and gift wrapping the first 14 points due to crappy interceptions, they played pretty damn good. Held them to 3 out of 13 on third down and stopped both two point conversions. Got the ball back to our offense enough to get back in it and win the game. That’s what it’s all about

If we’re making excuses, it’s the second straight game ou was fortunate to see a QB torching them go down with injury for all the or majority of the second half.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

If we’re making excuses, it’s the second straight game ou was fortunate to see a QB torching them go down with injury for all the or majority of the second half.
I dunno about making excuses. But let’s not pretend to have a crystal ball to see the conclusion of a game that never happened. You’re awfully salty lately.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
There is definitely a mismatch on paper, but I've learned not to buy into it. Regardless of OSU's poor play recently, I expect them to come out swinging.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I just hope we show up for the game and play decent...don't expect to be within two touchdowns but you never know...and still, at least we aren't sooner fans. ;-)

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Only thing we got going for us is being a big underdog. Perhaps we let loose and see what happens vs. a mediocre defense. As I said in another thread, though, if going aggressive pays off and we actually find ourselves up a score or two, you can bet your ass Gundy goes back to Mr. Conservative and blows it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Just do it and see what happens. OSU has been very undisciplined on the road. Plus, there isn't a defense in this league, or many places around the country, that will slow OU down.
True but its a rivalry game & the defense still apparently eats kryptonite on game day. I might could do 10 points though