1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The $980,000 electric car

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by Binman4OSU, May 1, 2012.

1. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

Rimac Automobili..a Croation auto maker is launching a new Concept 1 electric supercar.

They are only going to build 88 of these cars and the sticker price is $980,000.

The car has a 0-60 acceleration in 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 190mph.

It has quad electric motors with a combined output of 1,088 HP and 2,800 pound-feet of torque.

It has 92kWh of energy stored in its liquid cooled batteries that allow it to go 372 miles on a single charge

[​IMG]

2. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy A/V Subscriber

Yeah I got mine ordred already. Thinking about getting another for the misses....:rolleyes:

NYC Poke likes this.
  3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

When you have a mil to drop on a car, you don't have to worry about gas prices.

zachya and NYC Poke like this.
  4. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

At that point it is just a novelty, me thinks.

5. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

6. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

<sarcasm>Wasn't Croatia part of a now defunct country known for their automaking prowess?</sarcasm>

7. steross

steross OSU fan in need of hyper loop A/V Subscriber

Batteries can give performance figures hard to top with an ICE, especially acceleration. But, even if super-wealthy, you are not going to want to drive this thing all the time. I wonder what features it had to protect the batteries if not used frequently.

All supercars generally look cool, this one is no exception. But, it looks like someone took a wax model of a 1970's corvette and pointed a hot blowtorch at it for a few seconds to create the lines.
    [​IMG]