The Conference Realignment Saga... RELIVED!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I thought we locked up the DFW market with that addition... pretty sure we did.

Baylor can go though
The entire state of Texas was already "locked up" by the Big 12. There was absolutely no gain from TCU. OSU has more alumni living in Fort Worth than TCU does, for crying out loud!

TCU is a school for rich fathers from west Texas to send their daughters to when they aren't smart enough to get into SMU. That's all they've got.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Just stop, good God.
He has to be trolling, right? I mean... claiming that TCU, who has about 85k living alumni, is better for the Big 12 than Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, OSU, and KSU, who collectively have well over 2m living alumni, has to be a joke of a statement, right? Nobody can be that dumb unless they're just trying to draw people offsides.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
oh yeah.... Baylor, I forgot.... SMH

TCU is good for the conference... some other schools not as much (TT, BU, ISU, OSU, KSU)

I think that we're just diluting TCU's share.
I should know better than to wade into this, but I think you're placing too much value on football success as opposed to market share. OU thinks they are bigger than UT because they are better at football. They aren't. It's the same thing.

TCU does have some hot girls though. FWTW

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
He has to be trolling, right? I mean... claiming that TCU, who has about 85k living alumni, is better for the Big 12 than Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, OSU, and KSU, who collectively have well over 2m living alumni, has to be a joke of a statement, right? Nobody can be that dumb unless they're just trying to draw people offsides.
dumb might be mistaking COMMAS for ampersands and then changing the point to collectivism.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The entire state of Texas was already "locked up" by the Big 12. There was absolutely no gain from TCU. OSU has more alumni living in Fort Worth than TCU does, for crying out loud!

TCU is a school for rich fathers from west Texas to send their daughters to when they aren't smart enough to get into SMU. That's all they've got.
Oh I should've added...

TCU is a school for rich fathers from West Texas to send their daughters to when they aren't smart enough to get into SMU... And too slutty to risk sending to ACU.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Oh I should've added...

TCU is a school for rich fathers from West Texas to send their daughters to when they aren't smart enough to get into SMU... And too slutty to risk sending to ACU.
You say that like its a bad thing.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
You say that like its a bad thing.
It's not bad in theory but they're all too snobby and too holier than thou to mess around with "anybody that went to Oklahoma State."

Actual quote from a TCU girl I went out with a couple years ago. From Amarillo.grandpa had founded some kind of water pumping business. "Wanted to go to Vanderbilt but I just couldn't stand to leave Texas" which is code for "didn't get into Vanderbilt."

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Oh I should've added...

SMU is for Methodists, and TCU is the Unitary Christians, or something like that, Baylor has Baptists, etc... it has nothing to do with smarts or other bigoted statements

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
SMU is for Methodists, and TCU is the Unitary Christians, or something like that, Baylor has Baptists, etc... it has nothing to do with smarts or other bigoted statements
That's very incorrect. SMU and TCU are hardly affiliated with their respective churches anymore, and SMU is MUCH more difficult to get into than TCU and Baylor.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
That's very incorrect. SMU and TCU are hardly affiliated with their respective churches anymore, and SMU is MUCH more difficult to get into than TCU and Baylor.
Yeah, my best friends are both TCU alumns (circa 2005). According to them, for the vast majority of TCU students faith had nothing to do with it.

To be fair, all three of those schools are significantly harder to get into than OSU. (Of course, as has always been and always will be, still plenty of hard-working and brilliant Pokes out there.)

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Yeah, my best friends are both TCU alumns (circa 2005). According to them, for the vast majority of TCU students faith had nothing to do with it.

To be fair, all three of those schools are significantly harder to get into than OSU. (Of course, as has always been and always will be, still plenty of hard-working and brilliant Pokes out there.)
They serve entirely different missions. OSU serves the populace of the state of Oklahoma and their mission is to prepare students to make Oklahoma a better place (which... yikes...)

TCU, SMU, and Baylor are private institutions aimed at making themselves richer. What happens to their students and alumni (especially in the case of Baylor) is unimportant so long as they can use them to further that they're superior to respective state institutions.

At a TCU-OSU tailgate about four years ago, I was with a friend of mine from high school that went to TCU. Her father said "what were you not smart enough to go to school in Texas?" To which I responded "no, I wasn't dumb enough to take out $200k in loans to become a teacher like your daughter."