1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The "courage" to mock Jesus Christ ...

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by OhEssYouCowboys, May 6, 2010.

1. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

I've done no such thing and I've seen no evidence that you want to engage in a conversation.
  2. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

There's equal evidence for the two of them.
  3. Dogman

Dogman Cowboy

You are an alter ego. Having read through this thread, I am convinced you are pokaholic, eventhough I am convinced he/she is also and alter ego.

Your statement is self-evident. You haven't engaged in anything remotely close to an actual conversation or debate. You attempt to disqualify anything related to God's interaction with the universe.

These clowns have sat here and gone through this lengthy interaction for someone who is simply mocking them. So, I feel sorry for them somewhat, but you aren't being remotely honest in your statements.

It is clear you chalk all references to God up to someone not interested in science, but that is as patently false as a premise can be. Being a believer or non-believer in God neither qualifies or disqualifies someone as an avid observer or learner through scientific methods. Having faith doesn't mean you are willing to stop at, "God did it" or whatever idiotic thing you have attempted to pass off.

The saddest thing is to sit and have a mock conversation with people with nothing but mockery in your intentions. What you fail to realize is that, though they have fallen into the conversation, they are well represented by it. You, on the other hand, have failed to be more than a child that won't stop asking why.
  4. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

That's actually a pretty good definition of what it means to a be scientist. Always asking why.
  5. Dogman

Dogman Cowboy

Scientists ask intelligent questions. You do not.

Scientists ask questions of the world around them seeking evidence and answers to those questions. You do not.

Scientists hypothesize, but do not presume answers. You do.

Scientists change opinions based on investigations, and often change multiple times. You simply allow for only your interpretations, no matter how silly or narrow.

Scientists have never been able to rule out God, even the greatest that have ever existed. You, arrogantly it seems, have concluded that they are all wrong. Nevermind the fact that many of the greatest scientists in the world today and through history concluded there MUST be a God.

You are not an honest broker.
  6. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

Whatever. You seem amazingly capable of judging me from a few postings. I'm actually quite a good scientist, published many articles, well funded, and teach science to many students.

Your last line about many great scientist concluding there MUST be a god is just BS. Can science prove there is no god? No it can't, but also can't prove its existence. It's not question that science is equiped to answer.

To recap: all I was trying to say is if you think god is constantly or often changing the rules then there's not much point in the science of trying to figure without the rules. But, if God made the rules and then doesn't change them, then I think you can reasonably believe in god and be a good scientist. I think that's a pretty reasonable statement, but apparently not to this crowd.
  7. Dogman

Dogman Cowboy

Finally. Well put. I don't agree with it in total, but I believe you do. Progress.

Don't be so quick to worry about judgment. Everyone makes judgments, all the time, and I had this entire thread(not much) to work with. I notice you don't take issue with a single thing I said.
  8. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

It's the same thing I said on page 5.

I'm not pokaholic or even know who he is.
  9. Dogman

Dogman Cowboy

It doesn't matter. You are not real.
  10. Birry

Birry Cowboy

I was trying to agree with this part.

I just believe God can break the rules, kinda like the characters in The Matrix. Since my belief is that He spoke creation into existence, I believe He can do what He will. That said, I don't think that He would readily violate the laws of nature without great reason.

The way I see it, we are simply straining to understand more and more of how it works. Its complexity and beauty are vast, and I have a curiosity to understand it. I don't guess it matters how it got here.

Many who have searched for the answers have eventually concluded that only a single all-powerful creator could have set up what we now study.

Others have decided it was simply "is" whatever it is, and that the universe arrived at this point based on random forces of attraction, reactions, and coincidences.

The creator idea makes more sense to me.
  11. Birry

Birry Cowboy

Glad you enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if it made sense at first, haha!
  12. GoPokes82

GoPokes82 Cowboy

I learned from this thread that we are starting to get more and more people actively, aggressively discussing against Christ. That must mean the Christians of this forum must really be striking a nerve with Satan and he his trying his best to stop it.

Love it. :)
  13. Dogman

Dogman Cowboy

There aren't more people doing anything. They are simply different names for the same people. If you are struggling for allies, it is handy to be your own.
  14. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Satan doesn't have to work that hard to keep anti-christians that way.

His real work is getting the saved to walk away from their faith. Cutting the flock so to speak.
  15. Superabound

Superabound Greenhorn

It's pretty hilarious that my brief presence has caused a search for explanations and that so far the answers are either 1) Satan is at work or 2) I'm an impostor. You can believe in God, but it's too much to believe that I exist.
  16. GoPokes82

GoPokes82 Cowboy

Do you think Satan could have succeed in this thread then?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Titus 3:9-11&version=NIV
    Also, I think you referred to this scripture earlier in the thread. Two birds, one stone. :)
  17. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

I think you and Dogman are trolling each other. Which is really pretty funny.

I'll leave the two of you to it.
  18. GodsPeace

Yep. I don't limit the capabilities of Satan, but I also think we can give him too much credit for the work of people. My point is, Satan's job is easy, people work for him without meaning to.
  19. GoPokes82

GoPokes82 Cowboy

Wait, you mean people are being dishonest in their discussions here and lying about who they are? :eek:

Brother, I know all to well that we probably have just one or two people creating all of these fake accounts.
  20. GodsPeace

Because you see it now doesn't mean it wasn't as heavily present before. Often times it comes down to what we permit or let go versus what we cannot abide.