The Creepy Joe thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I disagree. Just as I disagree when pro-2nd amendment politicians are accused of being bought and paid for by the gun lobby.
To be a democrat currently is to accept the goal of a government monopoly on firearms. It's their foundation. Before you confiscate a bank account, before you take someone's doctor, before you shut down someone's church, you gotta get those guns.
You're probably right. I just find it funny that the left thinks big money is only being spent lobbying one side of this issue when there is plenty being spent on both.

Jul 22, 2011
Where do they get their campaign funds? Would they get them if they didn't subscribe to the ideology?
They are paid to be on the stage because they believe it, they don't believe it because they're paid to be on the stage.
If for instance, Elizabeth Warren had a platform of:

No abortion restrictions
government healthcare
green new deal
social justice
high taxes
AND private gun ownership

She would not only lose the donations from Moms Demand and The Gabby Giffords Experience.
She'd lose Greenpeace, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, PETA, Hollywood, Big Tech, China, SEIU, etc. etc. etc.

It's all or nothing.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
They are paid to be on the stage because they believe it, they don't believe it because they're paid to be on the stage.

No abortion restrictions
government healthcare
green new deal
social justice
high taxes

She would not only lose the donations from Moms Demand and The Gabby Giffords Experience.
She'd lose Greenpeace, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, PETA, Hollywood, Big Tech, China, SEIU, etc. etc. etc.

It's all or nothing.
There is no practical difference. If they cannot not have a plank in the platform in order to get the funding then they are beholden to that lobby, whether they actually believe it or not.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I disagree. Just as I disagree when pro-2nd amendment politicians are accused of being bought and paid for by the gun lobby.
To be a democrat currently is to accept the goal of a government monopoly on firearms. It's their foundation. Before you confiscate a bank account, before you take someone's doctor, before you shut down someone's church, you gotta get those guns.
So, basically you're saying the DNC is the anti-gun lobby. Which is different than what he said exactly how?
They don't have to be bought and paid for because they are already anti-gun just by being Democrat.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, basically you're saying the DNC is the anti-gun lobby. Which is different than what he said exactly how?
They don't have to be bought and paid for because they are already anti-gun just by being Democrat.

See I agree with him. I think the big difference is the use of the word bought. To use that word insinuates that your decision on the matter is only based on the money, whereas with these people their decision is already made up even before they are given the money.

Jul 22, 2011
I don't think "creepy Joe" has an ideological bone in his body. But, I ALSO don't think if the NRA came to him and offered him 10% more than the anti-gun lobby is donating, they could get him to change his position. He is a hollow democrat company-man through and through. From exploding eyeball down to his blonde leg hair.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don't think "creepy Joe" has an ideological bone in his body. But, I ALSO don't think if the NRA came to him and offered him 10% more than the anti-gun lobby is donating, they could get him to change his position. He is a hollow democrat company-man through and through. From exploding eyeball down to his blonde leg hair.
I remember when Obama was gaining momentum and people were saying how he was really going to shake up the old boy establishment. Then he selected a lifelong, old white guy, Washington insider as a running mate. I thought, is this a red flag to anyone who thinks he is really trying to shake things up?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Where do they get their campaign funds? Would they get them if they didn't subscribe to the ideology?

No abortion restrictions
government healthcare
green new deal
social justice
high taxes

It's all or nothing.
Nah. They, especially Warren, believe in what they believe will get them Liberal $$$ AND elected. Political whores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Don’t know where’s he’s at,or where he’s going, lost in never, never land but he knows Obama. One hundred and fifty million Americans died of gun violence since 2007 so he and we are survivors Wherever Hunter is he’s counting those greenback $$$$$.Joes still looking for Corn Pop.