1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The Jamie Blatnick Thread

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by ostatesteeler44, Aug 1, 2010.

1. H2Orange

H2Orange Sitting on the Group W bench A/V Subscriber

Re: More bad news... Blatnick!!!!

Excellent question! This needs further investigation.

2. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com A/V Subscriber

Totally different situation. DD beat his small, best friend into a coma because he thought the friend was hitting on his girlfriend...which he wasn't.

Denning instigated this fight and Blatnick retaliated.

3. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

I think it is only a different situation because some want it to be a different situation because one involves an OSU player and one involves an OU player. At the end of the day it is basically the same thing.

4. Fugazi

Fugazi Deputy

I don't understand how it is the same thing. DD put the dude into a coma, he gets suspended, gains an extra year of eligibility, Stoops lets him back on the team.

So far, all we have is that Blatnick got into a fight. I don't think Gundy has made his decision yet. How can you say it is basically the same thing? If he kicks him off of the team, then lets him back on later down the road, then yeah, they are "basically the same thing". It is way to early to say otherwise.

5. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

The same thing being both were drunk and beat the sh!t out of someone. I mean he broke the dudes eye socket ... lets not make it sound like he pushed him down or barely hit him. My point is that they are both drunken fights that led to bad things, not talking about the aftermath of DD applying for extra year, etc.

Also, I think we know more than he simply got into a fight ... look at the pics of the dudes face.

6. Fugazi

Fugazi Deputy

Gotcha. In that way, they are the same. We'll have to wait and see if the punishments are different.

No, that is exactly what happened. Blatnick and Denning got into a fight. Just because it got messy doesn't change that fact.

7. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

True, but when a fight turns into a beer bottle or any object for that matter being used as a weapon I think it changes the issue a bit.

8. giantpoke

giantpoke Cowboy

I meant its the same as the DD thing in that Denning doesn't want to press charges (wonder why that is?) and Blatnick will get a slap on the wrist.

9. Alex Fenton

Alex Fenton Cowboy

If they both would have been in church, none of this would have happened.

But, guess what, churches aren't open at that time of night, so these young men didn't have that choice.

What we need is churches that stay open late at night and have pool tables or something for people to do. Oh, and beer probably would be nice. And perhaps dancing?

10. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com A/V Subscriber

No, it's different because the small kid did not instigate the fight with DD. Denning did with Blatnick.

Again, one was a fight between two players in which the former player started. The DD situation was not a fight. DD jumped to a conclusion and beat the crap out of a 170 pound kid who had no idea what was happening.

Is that what your magic eight ball is telling you?

11. RoVerto Solo

RoVerto Solo Banned Banned

So what further news to do we have from Gundy at this point on this issue?

And no I did not read all this thread. Just need an update knowling there probably isn't any.

12. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

We are assuming the the other player started it, do we know for sure what happened? (I am asking because I had not heard that all the information regarding the incident has come out).

You have to agree that the use of a bottle or any object for that matter is what makes this much worse that simply a fight??

13. Italiancowboy

Italiancowboy Sheriff

"On the advise of my good friend Bob Stoop, we will be handling this situation internally".

14. RoVerto Solo

RoVerto Solo Banned Banned

Did the bottle break and cut him when it hit him or did the hard surface of the bottle just open him up?

15. snuffy

snuffy Deep Thoughts. Staff A/V Subscriber

So far that much detail has not been released to my knowledge. The one things that has popped up twice is the Blatnick did not start, but was being choked by Denning. While this is speculation, if Blatnick did not start it what should his punishment be?

16. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Without more information, I think Blatnik should run the stairs and maybe sit for a half, but it seems that two old teammates got on each other about whatever, and things got rough.

If Denning was choking Jaime, than I have no problem with the bottle. I doubt there was anyone there that would have been able to get Denning off of him. Jaime had to do that himself.

Sounds like they made up, and I expect this to either get dropped altogether or turn into misdemeanor.

BTW, someone asked why that is?

Steve Denning is a Cowboy! There is no way that he is about to sit back and let a former teammate get hung for something he was partly responsible for. His stepping up for Jaime would make a HUGE difference since he was the supposed victom.

It sucks to have an old teammate fight you, even hurt you, but I have no doubts that Denning wants nothing to do with ending Jaime's time at OSU or ending his D1, potential NFL, dreams.

Like someone said earlier, back a few years ago this wouldn't have made the papers.

17. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

chief our point is Dvoracek was back on the team the next year after a more serious situation. It's NOT the same situation- one dude is a coma- the other dude needed some stitches- Blatnick has never had any issues- i say let him back on the team- it was a fight for crying out loud- not ok and he needs to run his legs off but let him back I say- if he does something else then boot him.

Would you rather be in a coma or need stitches? if you wanna say they are both fights fine- but they are not equal medically in any way, shape, or form.

18. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

agreed. this will be a misdemeanor and he will be let back on the team.

19. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Don't get me wrong, I think it is really messed up to go into public an smack a guy with a beer bottle, but I just don't believe that was the whole story. Denning knows that, and appears to be trying to take some heat off Jaime.

I kind of feel for the bouncers. Can you imagine a fight breaking out between those two freaks? Talk about being happy to see the cops.:D

20. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

well "chief" last I heard is that the other dude is going to require facial reconstructive surgery, so lets not act like he had a minor boo boo and they are going to put neosporin (sp?)on it and a butterfly bandage and all will be well.