The Market Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
As far as playing the victim goes, I’m a rank amateur compared to our President.
Do you have to spew this into every thread. This thread is about the market, so unless you are specifically talking about the president and the market then take comments like that to the proper thread.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I still think that the rebound reflects a best case scenario for virus recovery. Still probably more downside volatility ahead. This jobs scenario was probably priced into the first two weeks or so of the plunge.
of the 3.2 million, what percentage is the foodservice business? Those jobs will bounce back quicker as they are mostly tipped employees. How quick will the public bounce back after to use the restaurants? My gut tells me the dow will settle in around 23 to 24k when the smoke clears.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Wow. Haven't thought about it, but is he okay?
Cimarron and I used to go round and round. NotOnTv has developed a hatred for me that far exceeds my conversations with him. He argues like him. He and bleed always had each other’s backs and frequently tag teamed. IMO NotOnTv is Cimarron’s sock.
On topic glad to see gold back up. Hope it’s a good hedge against the dollar printers.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Cimarron and I used to go round and round. NotOnTv has developed a hatred for me that far exceeds my conversations with him. He argues like him. He and bleed always had each other’s backs and frequently tag teamed. IMO NotOnTv is Cimarron’s sock.
On topic glad to see gold back up. Hope it’s a good hedge against the dollar printers.
Wow...hidden in that clap trap you actually said a thing.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Someone convince me why I shouldn't sell a bulk of my 401K positions to capture this bounce.

I only have 3 index mutual funds (Total US, Total International and Total Bonds) with an 80/20 allocation and am fairly certain the market will continue dropping especially with the unemployment numbers on Friday. I would sell 50% or more (probably equities only) and then begin to slowly buy back the positions over time. Yes, I could miss a bounce or two, but it seems like it would be better in the long run.

If you do it, you're a dipshit.

Convinced?

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
So I might be making a complete turn and using most of the money I was planning on stocks with to instead use as down payment and refurb money to grab a house I have had my eye on for awhile that is a great rent house that just went up for sale. Time to do some due diligence.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
If you do it, you're a dipshit.

Convinced?
Lucky for me I didn't sell and kept my steadfast strategy. This market is bonkers and just when you think it's going to get real ugly, it does the opposite. FYI - I'm by no means a market expert and only loosely follow.

I think these times just test your investment strategy and you need to hear feedback from others.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Now that we are printing money rapidly to pay for the government substitute salaries and bailing out businesses, how soon should we expect noticeable inflation? Other than metals, what do you feel would be good investments during such times? Sure don’t want to go like Venezuela, and don’t believe we will. Ideas? Opinions?

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Now that we are printing money rapidly to pay for the government substitute salaries and bailing out businesses, how soon should we expect noticeable inflation? Other than metals, what do you feel would be good investments during such times? Sure don’t want to go like Venezuela, and don’t believe we will. Ideas? Opinions?
Umm if we go Venezuala then I would say toilet paper, bullets, beans, etc are the best investments... Only partially joking and it is a good question.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Umm if we go Venezuala then I would say toilet paper, bullets, beans, etc are the best investments... Only partially joking and it is a good question.
I’ve got some of all you said, but I’m extremely liquid right now, am not a day trader, not willing to give a fiduciary that much control, etc.......

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Bullets & gold.