The Ocasio-Cortez Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Imagine her excitement when she finds out where babies come from!!!
Reminds me of a MASH episode when they're talking about pregnancy and Radar says " They know what causes that now." I swear I've used that line at least 20 times and not one smirk or laugh from anyone. I'm freaking exploding with laughter on the inside trying to keep it in.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Reminds me of a MASH episode when they're talking about pregnancy and Radar says " They know what causes that now." I swear I've used that line at least 20 times and not one smirk or laugh from anyone. I'm freaking exploding with laughter on the inside trying to keep it in.
Every time I've had a faculty member tell me that she's pregnant I've responded with "we know what causes that now." Every time I've signed a baby shower card in the past 20-something years I've written, "We know what causes this now." I had forgotten exactly where I got the line from until I was watching an old MASH episode recently.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Every time I've had a faculty member tell me that she's pregnant I've responded with "we know what causes that now." Every time I've signed a baby shower card in the past 20-something years I've written, "We know what causes this now." I had forgotten exactly where I got the line from until I was watching an old MASH episode recently.
Classic. Hope you got a smile back.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
That moment when you realize AOC makes sense and is right about something:

Ocasio-Cortez Says Abortion Bans Are About 'Owning Women'
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez believes approving abortion bans is a "brutal form of oppression" and newly-passed laws aren't just about "controlling" women's bodies – they're about controlling their sexuality.
https://www.news9.com/story/4048709...3oTKYlSVG4NsP5I3JtAUnTjLJYF7ZWJU-fMCz-5_rAcF4

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez believes approving abortion bans is a "brutal form of oppression" and newly-passed laws aren't just about "controlling" women's bodies – they're about controlling their sexuality.
https://www.news9.com/story/4048709...3oTKYlSVG4NsP5I3JtAUnTjLJYF7ZWJU-fMCz-5_rAcF4
OR maybe they are just about protecting the "woman" in the womb that would otherwise be killed? maybe?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That moment when you realize you are on the wrong side of history. I think you should actually go read the articles I posted on the other thread for you. It's not about oppressing women. It's about holding life and the conception of that life as sacred.
When people hate women for being pro life and blacks for being conservative, I think those people need to look in the mirror to find the sexist and racist people in this country.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
That moment when you realize you are on the wrong side of history. I think you should actually go read the articles I posted on the other thread for you. It's not about oppressing women. It's about holding life and the conception of that life as sacred.
When people hate women for being pro life and blacks for being conservative, I think those people need to look in the mirror to find the sexist and racist people in this country.

I read all those articles and it was only from highly biased sources wanting all abortion banned. Some points made weren't even supported.

No doubt, wrenhal, you really need to wake up to the fact that trying to ban abortion really is all about oppressing women. Interesting how the guys aren't oppressed at all when it comes to reproductive issues. Under proposed laws, they can go about their merry way screwing all the women they want and suffer no legal consequences when any of the women they get pregnant decides to get an abortion.

In Alabama, the doctor giving the abortion will get worse punishment than the rapist. Does insane morality know no limits? I know it does to some extent. Oklahoma SB13 was so crazy extreme in banning abortion that not even Baptist and Catholic leaders were willing to back it.

If abortion was meant not to ever be, then God would have banned it in the Bible. But it wouldn't have matter much if the bible banned abortion, since so many people, such as President Trump in his self righteousness didn't pay any serious attention to a number of bans in the bible, such as "Thou shalt not commit adultery" for starters.

Don't be surprised if it seems pro life people are hated. They, especially the men, have been known when demonstrating at abortion clince to shout at random women about their clothing, their bodies, that they were temptresses of the devil doomed to hell and all sorts of other very rude, unpleasant things.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I read all those articles and it was only from highly biased sources wanting all abortion banned. Some points made weren't even supported.

No doubt, wrenhal, you really need to wake up to the fact that trying to ban abortion really is all about oppressing women. Interesting how the guys aren't oppressed at all when it comes to reproductive issues. Under proposed laws, they can go about their merry way screwing all the women they want and suffer no legal consequences when any of the women they get pregnant decides to get an abortion.

In Alabama, the doctor giving the abortion will get worse punishment than the rapist. Does insane morality know no limits? I know it does to some extent. Oklahoma SB13 was so crazy extreme in banning abortion that not even Baptist and Catholic leaders were willing to back it.

If abortion was meant not to ever be, then God would have banned it in the Bible. But it wouldn't have matter much if the bible banned abortion, since so many people, such as President Trump in his self righteousness didn't pay any serious attention to a number of bans in the bible, such as "Thou shalt not commit adultery" for starters.

Don't be surprised if it seems pro life people are hated. They, especially the men, have been known when demonstrating at abortion clince to shout at random women about their clothing, their bodies, that they were temptresses of the devil doomed to hell and all sorts of other very rude, unpleasant things.
You didn't read the articles because they referenced CDC data even. The lies told about coat hangers in alleys and 1000's of women dying... All lies. And honestly the biggest lie is that it was illegal before roe. It was legal but each state determined for themselves the restraints.
Another lie is that there are no pro life women. People refuse to hear them. They exist and they have a voice. They have brains and think for themselves. And they love those babies.

Read this thread and realize you've been lied to.
https://twitter.com/TuttleSinger/status/1128739808178843649?s=19

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You didn't read the articles because they referenced CDC data even. The lies told about coat hangers in alleys and 1000's of women dying... All lies. And honestly the biggest lie is that it was illegal before roe. It was legal but each state determined for themselves the restraints.
Another lie is that there are no pro life women. People refuse to hear them. They exist and they have a voice. They have brains and think for themselves. And they love those babies.

Read this thread and realize you've been lied to.

She got schooled in that thread. Never ask questions you don't want to know the answers to. For all the left's self-righteous piety, the right is far, far more charitable than the left.