1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The OFFICIAL Realignment Meltdown Thread

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by snuffy, Sep 20, 2011.

1. OSUfanCliff

OSUfanCliff Deputy

I suggest that we watch what Boren does now.

DatTallGuy likes this.
  2. TheOSUDude

TheOSUDude Sheriff

This is a valid point. OU and OSU haven't yet released statements committing to the Big Horn Sinkhole. I really REALLY hope they have a backup plan...including but not limited to going to Larry Scott and saying "Tuck Fexas, we wanted to bring KU and KSU with us anyway!" Who knows at this point.

3. colin1497

colin1497 Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana! A/V Subscriber

Or maybe we head to Austin with pitch forks and torches?

4. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

That's the truth and certain people (we all know who they are) who like to pretend that we'll be able to rebuild the Big 12 into a place of love, happiness, harmony, impregnable football power, and ironclad legal contracts are damn fools. Period.

osucam and 65POKE like this.
  5. wreck

wreck Cowboy

No wonder Boone was trying to get A&M to re-consider. He knew.

6. OSUfanCliff

OSUfanCliff Deputy

It might be a better plan. :lol:

7. TheOSUDude

TheOSUDude Sheriff

Do you know something we don't? Or do you just put a lot of faith in Boren? I'm honestly just curious...but if you know something, SPIT IT OUT ALREADY! ;)

8. cmartin

cmartin Wrangler A/V Subscriber

Exactly my thoughts... uo and OSU have not made themselves available to this point. If Mizzu is gone and the SEC goes to 14 I am betting the PAC will be ready to make a move at that point.

9. ohwiseone

ohwiseone Loves the Orange Kool-Aid A/V Subscriber

just trying to find a minuscule thing of something positive out of this, I wonder if there going to be any backlash against texas tomorrow.

10. wreck

wreck Cowboy

My advice to us all ----- start drinking heavily.

11. ModernPatriot

ModernPatriot Sheriff

Whether or not you like it, the state of Oklahoma is very tied to the state of Texas and so are our schools. Texas is a vibrant growing state. It will be as large as California in 20 years or so. It's too bad that aTm has moved to the SEC but that's the way it is and there's nothing we can do about that now. But we can build a better Big 12 Conference by adding stability to the conference. That CAN be done with a lot of work by the schools within the Big 12. A few years of stability and money will do wonders for attracting quality universities. As you ALL know, I never felt the PAC was the right move for oSu or ou. Neither did Gundy or Boone. It's my impression that most people for the realignment were focused almost solely on the money. It's more than about the short term money boost. It's about the future of this part of the country.

Trip349 likes this.
  12. pocoloco

pocoloco Wrangler

Anyone know where I can buy a TUCK FEXAS t-shirt?

13. Old Indian 75

Old Indian 75 Wrangler

I suggest we sit tight and see what Hargis does tomorrow. It seems like someone along the line mentioned some surprises.

14. wreck

wreck Cowboy

Only from us and ou.

15. pocoloco

pocoloco Wrangler

You should listen to him. He's pre-med.

NJAggie likes this.
  16. PistolPeteEaton

PistolPeteEaton Cowboy

Maybe it's posturing, maybe not. Maybe we've been hooked on horns. That is, they don't want any part of the Texas mess and are just leaving OU and us stuck with it.

17. Colt 45

Colt 45 Deputy

The SEC said the same thing a few weeks ago, this could be posturing or it could be they don't want to deal with the potential lawsuits and the mess of dealing with Texas, O-State should have bolted for the Pac-12 when they had the chance, I think it can still happen, but it may come down to the Big 12 getting thier act together

18. OSUfanCliff

OSUfanCliff Deputy

I disagree. TT and Baylor can be reformed. Just cast Texas out and replace them with TCU. Replace A&M with BYU. Problem largely solved.

CWD likes this.
  19. seattlepoke

seattlepoke Sheriff A/V Subscriber

Who really knows anything at this point, including the people who are "in the know". It is highly entertaining and gut wrenching at the same time. It is possible that Boone knew that the pac would issue that statement. It is possible that Boone giving his statement gave the PAC pause with moving forward. It is even possible that UT threatened to never allow either Oklahoma school to play in the state of Texas if we applied to the PAC12. (whoa, did i just type that... get your tinfoil hats.. :eek:).

The only thing that i can be certain of at this point, is that i believe little of what i am reading/hearing, and that i have no idea what sort of crazy hardball $h#t is going on behind the scenes.

20. ohwiseone

ohwiseone Loves the Orange Kool-Aid A/V Subscriber

RT @DeanBlevins: Book this. PrezBoren was told he-#sooners & #okstate-had the votes 2 join #Pac12. There'll be denials everywhere. But that is a fact. #Big12

hmmm, this is an interesting tweet.

So we would of gotten in anyway, if texas didn't screw us over.. Ugh, I really really wish Texas played here this year, the hate would be Seething in BPS