The Sad Thing Is...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
... the conference is up for grabs this year.

Texas showed OU is beatable.
West Virginia has yet to show they will dominate.
Texas is currently struggling to put away Baylor.
TT and TCU look OK.
Iowa State may be a little better than last year.
Kansas State and Baylor are terrible.
We are worse.
Kansas is Kansas.

This is the kind of year we could have won the conference with a solid team. But it looks like we are inexplicably flushing this season down the drain.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
... the conference is up for grabs this year.

Texas showed OU is beatable.
West Virginia has yet to show they will dominate.
Texas is currently struggling to put away Baylor.
TT and TCU look OK.
Iowa State may be a little better than last year.
Kansas State and Baylor are terrible.
We are worse.
Kansas is Kansas.

This is the kind of year we could have won the conference with a solid team. But it looks like we are inexplicably flushing this season down the drain.
Coach Gundy has decided to bring that decision on himself

Jan 23, 2006
i don't understand why as an athletic dept/boosters/alumni etc we're ok just being like "oh well on to next year".. other schools would never accept a coach with Gundy's attitude and now losses on the year. I know we're all afraid of not having Gundy and return to a program that just has new coaches all the time, but i think OSU has proven they'll shell out cash now if you produce and we have facilities to compete, so I don't understand why we're happy with excuses and non-performance.. our expectations should be a 7-8 win season in off years not a 4 win season.

Oct 30, 2007
Coach Gundy has decided to bring that decision on himself
Agreed. Who else can we blame? The QB he chose and stuck with? The OC he googled? The DC he stole from the defensive juggernaut Duke?

The buck stops here.
I very rarely blame players. The dumbasses being paid millions are responsible. When your stock drops do you blame the general laborer making $12/hour? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I very rarely blame players. The dumbasses being paid millions are responsible. When your stock drops do you blame the general laborer making $12/hour? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course, stop taking your shirt off, extending your hair and hunting turtles. Be a fricking man, do your damn job and quit screwing around

Sep 6, 2011
Iowa State is whoopin up on West Virginia. What a difference a QB makes *paging Gundy with this profound discovery
Definitely helps, but ISU is also demonstrating quality defense and special teams play as well. Rumor has it that's what good coaching gets you, but that can't possibly be our issue. Afterall, Gundy has been doing this gig long enough that he knows what's right. :rolleyes:

Nov 18, 2011
In Gundys postgame on the radio he seemed more concerned about what the fans and alums might be saying or thinking about them than with the actual problems plaguing this team. He was more animated on the radio than I’ve seen him all season on the sideline.