The scenery in Northwest Oklahoma is boring

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

Escapee from the PC nuthouse
Mar 16, 2011
OKC
Where exactly is this? I used to drive through the panhandle but Oklahoma highways became so crappy that we bypassed and went through Kansas. I would like to go that way to Colorado again since Clayton to Raton is 4 lane. But prior experience is that from Medford to Boise City tore the crap out of our camper.
This looks like Highway 412 between Boise City and Guymon.

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

Mar 16, 2011
OKC
Hey now, it can be pretty.

I wasn't saying it wasn't pretty I was answering VOODOO CHILD's question as to where this picture was from:

Honestly the only thing I have seen of Northwestern Oklahoma is the two times I have driven to Colorado through Gymon and Boise City and a geology field trip to the Glass Mountains, Little Sahara and Alabaster Caverns.

Feb 5, 2008
T-Town
OSU has a geology field camp in Colorado (near Florence). Every summer they have a six week course there. I went once as a student and then was a TA the next two years. Colorado is wonderful, but after driving on winding roads and not seeing the horizon for six weeks, it was nice to get back to a place where you can see for miles and drive in a straight line. Once I would hit Boise City and stomp on the gas headed east, it was a definite sense of freedom, and just felt like home, so for that reason I like western OK.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
OSU has a geology field camp in Colorado (near Florence). Every summer they have a six week course there. I went once as a student and then was a TA the next two years. Colorado is wonderful, but after driving on winding roads and not seeing the horizon for six weeks, it was nice to get back to a place where you can see for miles and drive in a straight line. Once I would hit Boise City and stomp on the gas headed east, it was a definite sense of freedom, and just felt like home, so for that reason I like western OK.
So you're a geologist who doesn't like the mountains?

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

Mar 16, 2011
OKC
I'm a fellow Poke geologist and went to the same field camp!