Things I appreciate during the Coronavirus pandemic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
In case anyone doesn't understand this thread, I keep getting "we care about you during the coronavirus pandemic" emails and other messages. Some of them are absurd. So, I've decided to make fun of them. I started posting these on Facebook. My daughter told me they were funny. If my daughter tells me they're funny then some of them must actually be funny. So, I thought they might bring some levity here. They're helping me deal with the isolation. Otherwise I might go on a killing spree (just kidding).

(sort of not).

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Can we ban frown faces and red faces from this thread? If you aren't going to laugh and things then just keep out.
Got it. Trump’s tweets and RxCowboy’s private little frustration relieving tool. Lay on, but expect a lesser degree of credibility in other posts. Lol

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I'm appreciative of Taco Bell sending me an email telling me the steps they're taking. Because when I think "hygienic and healthy" I think "Taco Bell".

Feb 25, 2008
In case anyone doesn't understand this thread, I keep getting "we care about you during the coronavirus pandemic" emails and other messages. Some of them are absurd. So, I've decided to make fun of them. I started posting these on Facebook. My daughter told me they were funny. If my daughter tells me they're funny then some of them must actually be funny. So, I thought they might bring some levity here. They're helping me deal with the isolation. Otherwise I might go on a killing spree (just kidding).

(sort of not).
I guess all your jokes are "inside jokes" now.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I'm appreciative of Taco Bell sending me an email telling me the steps they're taking. Because when I think "hygienic and healthy" I think "Taco Bell".
My very first one...

I just received a notification that due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Chipotle has cancelled their next E. coli outbreak.

I appreciate that.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I appreciate the fact that Barnes & Noble was open today. I got more reading done over the 4 days of this past holiday** weekend than I have the previous couple of months. Figured I better stock up before they have to close....especially if that same pace is going to continue through the summer...some people freak out over not enough TP, I freak out over not enough books.

They did have signs up telling me they were practicing social distancing for my protection.

**the first two days of the NCAA tourney will always be a holiday weekend to me, even though it was cancelled, I still took those days off.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I appreciate the fact that Barnes & Noble was open today. I got more reading done over the 4 days of this past holiday** weekend than I have the previous couple of months. Figured I better stock up before they have to close....especially if that same pace is going to continue through the summer...some people freak out over not enough TP, I freak out over not enough books.

They did have signs up telling me they were practicing social distancing for my protection.

**the first two days of the NCAA tourney will always be a holiday weekend to me, even though it was cancelled, I still took those days off.
Plus when you are finished reading....problem solved.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
So what if this is destined to take out a huge chunk of civilization as some are predicting? Are you right with the Lord? Are you right with your obligations? How would your family be set if God forbid this virus takes you? Will they find weird stuff on your computer or in your browser history that would break their hearts?