This morning's Fox News polls

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
This morning's Fox News presidential polls (RealClearPolitics) show the top 6 Democratic candidates all beating Trump by between 1-9 points. I am wondering what you think will happen when a single candidate is announced and Dems (most) coalesce behind that candidate. Your thoughts?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
This morning's Fox News presidential polls (RealClearPolitics) show the top 6 Democratic candidates all beating Trump by between 1-9 points. I am wondering what you think will happen when a single candidate is announced and Dems (most) coalesce behind that candidate. Your thoughts?
Once there is one candidate and like 6 months of trump to obliterate them it wont matter. The democratic candidate can only go down in the polls. Trump is hitting the best approvals of his presidency( if you even believe them). Its why the betting odds are nearly all for trump.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Man, I remember at 4 o'clock in the afternoon on the day of the election when polls had Hillary at like 92%. The top 6 democratic candidates all ahead of Trump? Seems totally legit.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, when polling democrats, they say they'll vote for the top 6 dems before Trump???? ;)

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Once there is one candidate and like 6 months of trump to obliterate them it wont matter. The democratic candidate can only go down in the polls. Trump is hitting the best approvals of his presidency( if you even believe them). Its why the betting odds are nearly all for trump.

Not sure what the source is for your comment, but not a single legitimate poll has him above water since last November. Even Fox has him -9 in approval ratings as recently as Jan 22. Would you mind sharing where you are getting your data?

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Man, I remember at 4 o'clock in the afternoon on the day of the election when polls had Hillary at like 92%. The top 6 democratic candidates all ahead of Trump? Seems totally legit.
Two things we learned in the 2016 election: first, over 3 million more Americans voted for Clinton than for Trump and second, for some reason many trump supporters who were polled were too ashamed to admit they supported him.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Two things we learned in the 2016 election: first, over 3 million more Americans voted for Clinton than for Trump and second, for some reason many trump supporters who were polled were too ashamed to admit they supported him.
Or they polled people in Blue heavy states/districts.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
WHITE HOUSE
Nickname and shame: Trump taunts his 2020 Democratic rivals
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/02/2020-democrats-trump-nicknames-856800
The president hopes to shape the images — and psychology — of his would-be challengers just as he did to his 2016 GOP rivals. But some may welcome the attention.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 10/02/2018 05:04 AM EDT

“Crazy Bernie.” “Pocahontas.” “One Percent Biden.”

President Donald Trump, who humiliated his 2016 Republican opponents with sticky monikers like “Lyin Ted” Cruz, “Lil Marco” Rubio and "low energy” Jeb Bush, is already salting the earth for Democrats lining up to run in 2020.

“They got some real beauties going,” Trump said at a Monday rally in Johnson City, Tenn., after slamming several potential Democratic contenders by name.

It’s an unusual approach: Sitting presidents rarely seek to play a spoiler role in the opposing party’s nominating contests. But Trump has never been deterred by historical codes of conduct.

“He is a man who charges into the arena and dictates the terms of the contest,” said Brian O. Walsh, president of the pro-Trump group America First Action. “I would expect the same in 2020 across the board.”

In Trump’s parlance, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who challenged Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic primaries, is “Crazy Bernie.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) is “Pocahontas,” a reference to a decades-old claim she made to partial Native-American heritage. And “One percent Biden” refers to former Vice President Joe Biden’s ill-fated bid for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Trump also attacked Warren on Monday, as well as at his Saturday event. “They have been taken so far left where Pocahontas is now considered a conservative in the Democrat Party,” Trump said.

“Oh, I dream of these people every night,” the president confided to his West Virginia audience. “The only thing I worry about is that some total unknown that nobody ever heard of comes along.”

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I find it very simple.
https://www.oddsshark.com/other/2020-usa-presidential-odds-futures
1). Money talks. Odds are heavy on Trump.
2). Bernie is the only candidate that can draw over 1,000 folks to hear him. While Trump sells out crowds everywhere. With thousands more waiting outside the main event just to watch on jumbotrons.
3). Yahoo news is a collection of every liberal outlet all in one place. In the comment sections even there, Trump supporters are out commenting non Trump fans at 100’s to one.
4). Independents like me that didn’t want to vote for either party, will come out to vote for him this time to show our anger at the impeachment costs and at the willingness of the dnc to try to slow the advancement of Americans first at every turn. If they would’ve worked with the repubs the last 3 years, America would be churning on all cylinders and issues such as healthcare, education and immigration and could’ve all been on paths to greatness of unseen before highs. Therefore giving themselves a boost as well as the right.
5.) Lastly, we are so turned off at the amount of hate and venom that was displayed by our media outlets, the unwavering lies by biased journalists, the fake outrage of self diluted celebrities and the outright vanity of social justice warriors and the fake pc culture they brought with them. Only a democrat can evolve from blackface college days but no Republican can.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yes we have been reminded of the popular vote many times. That doesn't count for anything.

Some, like myself, aren't necessarily ashamed of voting for Trump, but know we will offend those who don't agree with us, so I keep it to myself.

I was sure Trump wouldn't win the first time. Given the benefit of hindsight, you seem surprisingly cocky about the results this time. The thing Trump and Obama both reminded us, you don't have to be liked by a majority of Americans, just LOVED by about 20%.

Incumbents have a pretty good track record with the economy is going well. Despite what your lefty websites may be telling you, the economy is going well.

Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(
4). Independents like me that didn’t want to vote for either party, will come out to vote for him this time to show our anger at the impeachment costs and at the willingness of the dnc to try to slow the advancement of Americans first at every turn. If they would’ve worked with the repubs the last 3 years, America would be churning on all cylinders and issues such as healthcare, education and immigration and could’ve all been on paths to greatness of unseen before highs. Therefore giving themselves a boost as well as the right.
I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I will be voting for him in the upcoming election (assuming Republicans in the Senate don't do something extremely stupid) for the reasons you stated. Not that I would ever vote for someone from the Democrat party, in its current iteration. But, I was content with "throwing my vote away" and writing someone in again. But the Democrats have made me very angry. And I have a hunch that there are more people like me than there are people who won't vote for Trump again.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com

Not sure what the source is for your comment, but not a single legitimate poll has him above water since last November. Even Fox has him -9 in approval ratings as recently as Jan 22. Would you mind sharing where you are getting your data?
You can check real clear lol. He is at I believe 45% approval and slowly going up. With the economy and the tsunami of political ads that are coming in the next few months(RNC and Trump PACs have SOOO much money saved), his approval can only go up. Not to mention the soon to be exoneration of ANY wrong doing by the senate (his victory lap will be soo sweet). Also something to keep an eye on, the senate will be investigating biden after impeachment and Durham will be releasing his report on his criminal investigation.

Last edited:

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com

Take a look
Screenshot_20200126-193651_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
But 5 million dead people voted for Hildabeast. So actually Trump won the living vote.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
And Friday Madcow screeched BOMBSHELL for the 672,435 time in 3 years guaranteeing that this time THIS TIME! They actually found evidence against Trump.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I will be voting for him in the upcoming election (assuming Republicans in the Senate don't do something extremely stupid) for the reasons you stated.
Trump was my 16th favorite of the 16 Republican candidates last time. I almost didn't even vote for him when he was running against Hillary. I'm about to go all out MAGA because of the impeachment circus this time.

How many times do leading Democrats say "we can't count on the election to take care of this" before we realize they are saying Americans are too stupid to be trusted to elect a President so we better decide for them?