This video has caused a controversy.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I’m doing this out of curiosity. One of @Deere Poke websites he turned me onto a couple of years ago is in a debate about right and wrong. Christian vs non Christian. It’s a 56 second clip of a man at a store counter doing business as usual. A robber enters and produces a gun. The customer instantly shoots him 3 times in the head. I don’t know what country this is in and there’s no sound. Could even be a hoax for all I know. This question still remains. Was the customer in the right?

Graphic warning. There’s no Hollywood blood or anything but it appears to be real and someone lost their life.

Thanks for helping my curiosity.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=x1bR_1580242168

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Extremely likely to be the US based on what people are wearing, the shape of the license plate on the car, and the fact that a guy is carrying a weapon in shorts and a t-shirt.

And, the robber was actively threatening a life with a gun. I'm not sure how defending against that would be considered not right. Even in Australia, that would be equal level of action and likely legal (although it would be extremely unlikely that either had a gun).

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I’m devils advocate here but is money worth someone’s life?
There have been many instances of a robber shooting the clerk after the money was taken. So, it isn't a money or life scenario. It is a potential life for life and in that instance you go with the person who was innocent of creating the problem.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
this is why we need to take the guns away, trigger happy murderer psychopaths itching to use it at a moments notice.

If he just let the robber get away, a few hundred bucks would have been stolen, cashier would keep less in the box the next time, nobody would have died.

Shame to all the psychopaths in this thread cheering on. At least the nsa will build a better psych profile of you for your replies, which is likely the purpose of this thread

Post that started the controversy

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Hell yes the customer was right....

You need both a legal and moral reason to shoot and kill someone. In this case..Legally and Morally, the customer was in the right...

When you pull a gun out a robbery you are saying you will kill someone if they don't comply and possibly even if they do comply. It isn't about money, it's not having any idea what the robbers intentions are...Also, shooting 1 or 3 times is irrelevant. Once you decide to shoot someone you are deciding to kill them. 1 bullets or 3 bullets or 14 bullets it doesn't matter.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Interesting so far. No one feels that the situation could’ve been handled without bloodshed?
That is a different question than the first one you asked.
Sure, it could have been handled by the customer:
1. Standing there as if he didn't have a gun and hoping that the robber would take the money and go.
2. Pulling his gun on the robber and pointing it at him while he did not have it pointed and hoping that he would give up and not fire.

Those possibly could have been done and might have even ended with no bloodshed. But, that is a different question than asking if he was right in what he did.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Interesting so far. No one feels that the situation could’ve been handled without bloodshed?
Possibly it could have been. But in the interest of personal safety for the customer, clerk and guy in the background I think he made the best decision available. How long does it take for the perp to swing his gun up and have it in play if he doesn't shoot him. Half a second tops. Not a lot of time to weigh the options in that scenario. Heck if the perp had a knife that close in it would have been a 50/50 game if he had went after the guy with the gun.

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Could have? Sure...but it's not on the shooter to make sure no blood is shed at all cost..(especially since he would be risking his own life and cashiers life by either inaction/compliance or another action )

If you are in that situation and you decided not to shoot or to just tell them to freeze, that is your prerogative..but I certainly don't fault the shooter here.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
BAD SHOOT-

The perp never pointed the weapon at anyone. He brandished the gun while in the commission of a felony

The perp briefly displays the weapon, not pointed at anyone in particular. He brandished the gun with threat of robbery

In open-carry states this is ordinary although marginal behavior. Brandishing a gun in the intent of a robbery is not even close to be legal. Common sense is that if someone has a gun in the commission of a robbery. Most carry states (I don't know all the regs) if you open carry, it cannot be partially concealed. You either open carry in full sight or you conceal carry in full concealment. If you have a concealed weapon and it becomes visible at any time. That person can get into trouble for it.

Good guy with gun... NO... fearful for his life = self defense

Customer = trigger happy...yes fearful for life again - did he have a legal right yes I believe he did.

Another comment from forum
My response in blue above

At the end of the day the dude can with intent with his 2 buddies, he pulled his gun as he approached the counter. The customer say the gun and reacted. You do not know what the perp was going to do with the gun. Shoot or intimidate, either way he was in a act of self defense.