This video has caused a controversy.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I’m doing this out of curiosity. One of @Deere Poke websites he turned me onto a couple of years ago is in a debate about right and wrong. Christian vs non Christian. It’s a 56 second clip of a man at a store counter doing business as usual. A robber enters and produces a gun. The customer instantly shoots him 3 times in the head. I don’t know what country this is in and there’s no sound. Could even be a hoax for all I know. This question still remains. Was the customer in the right?

Graphic warning. There’s no Hollywood blood or anything but it appears to be real and someone lost their life.

Thanks for helping my curiosity.

https://streamable.com/bka3p
This looks like something from an insanity ridden site I've been know to visit but I didn't think I ever admitted it in public. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever been to the Conservative Tree House. Interesting site people want to scream is conspiracy but over half of what they publish is nothing more than going over FOIA documents and presenting them to you with some background on the people in them. Good site to go to for links to the documents behind the scenes that are making the news.

Aug 16, 2012
Interesting so far. No one feels that the situation could’ve been handled without bloodshed?
I have been silent as the clear minority, but I think it could have been handled differently. Guy was behind the punk and could have put his gun to the punk's head with the possibility of diffusing the situation; could have cold-cocked him; could have brought the butt of his gun down on the punk's wrist which would deflect the gun downward and driven the radial bone into the carpal nerve which at worst would have stunned the nerve, at best resulting in the gun being dropped; or easily shot numerous times into non-lethal areas to disable since the punk clearly had no interest or active awareness of him. Just my opinion and since there is no right answer, just difference of opinion, not interested in getting into an argument about it.

Oct 30, 2007
The laws vary from state to state, but you're typically justified in using lethal force in self defense if you have reason to believe there's an imminent threat to someone's life. I'm sure that threatening someone with a firearm during a robbery would fall into this category.

The customer could've tried to de-escalate the situation without bloodshed, but it would've increased the likelihood of someone other than the perpetrator getting killed.

Our lives are defined by the choices we make. Anyone that chooses to brandish a firearm during a crime is putting themselves at risk of being killed. They have no one to blame but themselves.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
That is a different question than the first one you asked.
Sure, it could have been handled by the customer:
1. Standing there as if he didn't have a gun and hoping that the robber would take the money and go.
2. Pulling his gun on the robber and pointing it at him while he did not have it pointed and hoping that he would give up and not fire.

Those possibly could have been done and might have even ended with no bloodshed. But, that is a different question than asking if he was right in what he did.
I’m just devil advocating here to see if anyone had those thoughts.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
This looks like something from an insanity ridden site I've been know to visit but I didn't think I ever admitted it in public. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever been to the Conservative Tree House. Interesting site people want to scream is conspiracy but over half of what they publish is nothing more than going over FOIA documents and presenting them to you with some background on the people in them. Good site to go to for links to the documents behind the scenes that are making the news.
You listed a bunch awhile back. GLP is the one I liked most. Mainly because they break news way faster than anything I’ve ever seen. How many people know Jamaica just had a 7.7 earthquake today? GLP broke it 5 minutes after it happened. So many freaks and conspiracy nuts that I’m entertained every time. Sometimes they’re right sometimes not. Somebody in the world is always monitoring the emergency action network of the US military. Someone is always tracking flights. Someone is always monitoring military movements. Always listening to scanners. Always on USGS for volcanoes and earthquakes. I’ve learned so much. Thanks for passing it on although I don’t recommend others going just because of the malware attacks on such an open forum.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Last I could tell. The shooter is an off duty cop. This was Brazil if that means anything. My own thoughts are with the majority. I wish it didn’t happen but I can’t blame the good guy.
If it were me, I’d probably freeze up from the sheer boldness and shock. Oh well. Lesson learned. Just passing it on.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
You listed a bunch awhile back. GLP is the one I liked most. Mainly because they break news way faster than anything I’ve ever seen. How many people know Jamaica just had a 7.7 earthquake today? GLP broke it 5 minutes after it happened. So many freaks and conspiracy nuts that I’m entertained every time. Sometimes they’re right sometimes not. Somebody in the world is always monitoring the emergency action network of the US military. Someone is always tracking flights. Someone is always monitoring military movements. Always listening to scanners. Always on USGS for volcanoes and earthquakes. I’ve learned so much. Thanks for passing it on although I don’t recommend others going just because of the malware attacks on such an open forum.
That place is crazy. They get a lot of stuff way before it hits the news then put their own perverse twist on it. The comments can keep you laughing for hours. Must of been drunk when I admitted knowing about the place. :lol::lol:

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I’m doing this out of curiosity. One of @Deere Poke websites he turned me onto a couple of years ago is in a debate about right and wrong. Christian vs non Christian. It’s a 56 second clip of a man at a store counter doing business as usual. A robber enters and produces a gun. The customer instantly shoots him 3 times in the head. I don’t know what country this is in and there’s no sound. Could even be a hoax for all I know. This question still remains. Was the customer in the right?

Graphic warning. There’s no Hollywood blood or anything but it appears to be real and someone lost their life.

Thanks for helping my curiosity.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=x1bR_1580242168

That looks like it might have hurt, for just a split second.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Could you do what the customer did?
Yes.

I'm old enough to recognize the names Roger Dale Stafford, Jay Wesley Neill and Robert Grady Johnson.

With extreme prejudice and right now. Without hesitation. I'm not leaving my life in the hands of someone with no better judgement than to produce a handgun in a daylight robbery with witnesses.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I have been silent as the clear minority, but I think it could have been handled differently. Guy was behind the punk and could have put his gun to the punk's head with the possibility of diffusing the situation; could have cold-cocked him; could have brought the butt of his gun down on the punk's wrist which would deflect the gun downward and driven the radial bone into the carpal nerve which at worst would have stunned the nerve, at best resulting in the gun being dropped; or easily shot numerous times into non-lethal areas to disable since the punk clearly had no interest or active awareness of him. Just my opinion and since there is no right answer, just difference of opinion, not interested in getting into an argument about it.

i................just...................can't.....................even..............................

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
That place is crazy. They get a lot of stuff way before it hits the news then put their own perverse twist on it. The comments can keep you laughing for hours. Must of been drunk when I admitted knowing about the place. :lol::lol:
Well, I appreciate it. Like I said, I’ve learned a lot. It’s interesting to talk with everybody around the globe who happen to be onsight at whatever event unfolding in real time. The EAMs are very interesting and they always preclude some huge military event. It would be cool to actually read them.