1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

thread show up blank

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ashpkt, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy

Every once in a while when I try to open a thread of even advance to next page, the thread shows up blank like the picture below. Has anyone else had this problem? What is causing it?

Attached Files:

2. OP 9000

Staff A/V Subscriber OP 9000 Administrator

What OS and version of Internet Explorer are you running?
  3. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy

Win XP Pro + Explorer 7
  4. OP 9000

5. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy

Well I'm sure it would but I can't really download and install that on my work PC. Maybe I shouldn't have just admitted that I'm at work...Big Brother could be watching.
  6. BeatOU

Staff A/V Subscriber BeatOU GGBTW

I run a software support team. You can't believe how many times we ask that same question and the customer says, "I don't know. Let me ask my IT folks and call you back." Then they call back and say, "They told me IE6." :mad:

I also have IE7 and have no OP.com issues (Vista machine). I doubt anyone would really need to upgrade to the beta version of IE9 at this point....
  7. OP 9000

I was just shooting in the dark.. was hoping he'd say IE6, then we'd know what the problem was. :)

ashpkt, I'm honestly not sure. Sometimes things like that happen during an internet problem. Such as excessive traffic or in-and-out bandwidth issues. Could also be some hyper security on your IT departments end not liking a particular image on a page or something.
  8. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy

What is frustrating is how random the problem is. I'll try to pay closer attention to see if I can identify any variables contributing to it.

Usually if our security doesn't like something it just scrubs out the individual item, like an Ad on a page. If if didn't like the page itself, I wouldn't be able to see anything but the Corporate Web Filter Violation message
  9. ashpkt

ashpkt Cowboy