Three Body Problem headed to Netflix!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Been hearing a boat load about this book series and now they are taking it to Netflix.

Anyone ever read it ??

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1301130776097021952

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I’m wrapping up The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov, since Apple is doing a limited series based on the books in 2021. Maybe these would be good as my next fix.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm working through the BattleTech series. See ya in a couple years.
It took my wife 3 tries over 5 years before she finally go through the whole Wheel of Time series. I still have never made it past book 7. She says it is worth it to get through the whole thing. I just can't do 13 books that are all thick enough to stop a .38 slug

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
It took my wife 3 tries over 5 years before she finally go through the whole Wheel of Time series. I still have never made it past book 7. She says it is worth it to get through the whole thing. I just can't do 13 books that are all thick enough to stop a .38 slug
Wheel of Time != BattleTech. BattleTech is awesome!

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The Kingsbridge Series by Ken Follet are the best novels I have ever read. The research that had to be done to create such a vibrant and believable medieval setting blows my mind. He is releasing a prequel in a few weeks and that will likely keep me occupied for the near future.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
I'm one chapter in and hooked!

Currently reading Book 5 of The Expanse myself and finished The Goblet of Fire w/ the kids last night.

Edit, my oldest Daughter just turned 10 today she's on Book 11 of the "Wings of Fire" Series. She's been tearing those books up man.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Dude I am too. Where are you at right now?
I just finished the Jade Falcon Trilogy and I'm now reading Wolf Pack.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think it took me pretty much about a year to get through all the Wheel of Time books.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm one chapter in and hooked!

Currently reading Book 5 of The Expanse myself and finished The Goblet of Fire w/ the kids last night.

Edit, my oldest Daughter just turned 10 today she's on Book 11 of the "Wings of Fire" Series. She's been tearing those books up man.
I have one that's read a few of those Wings of Fire books but I don't know how far in he is.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I've been looking for a new sci-fi/fantasy book series to read and there's lots of suggestions in this thread...love it. I've been on a WWII kick for a while and really need some fiction right about now. Was leaning towards one of Sanderson's series because I really like his style finishing up the Wheel of Time....but I am going to look at some of the series mentioned here.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I've been looking for a new sci-fi/fantasy book series to read and there's lots of suggestions in this thread...love it. I've been on a WWII kick for a while and really need some fiction right about now. Was leaning towards one of Sanderson's series because I really like his style finishing up the Wheel of Time....but I am going to look at some of the series mentioned here.
Have you ever read the Belgariad books? I've always thought that to be a good series I think there's three sets of trilogies in it.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Ok finished the first book on tape Glad I listened to the audible version or I might have gotten lost. It takes quite a while to reveal just what the heck is going on. Pretty dense science involved. I enjoyed it quite a bit and bought the second in the series already.