1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Thunder land Wolves' Lazar Hayward

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by okpoke2003, Dec 14, 2011.

1. okpoke2003

okpoke2003 Sheriff

Looks like KD has his backup now. I hope Hayward can give us some tough minutes. That's all we need from him.

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded forward Lazar Hayward to the Oklahoma City Thunder for two conditional second-round draft picks and guard Robert Vaden.
    The deal was completed on Tuesday and the Wolves immediately waived Vaden to clear a roster spot to bring in free agent point guard J.J. Barea.
    Hayward was a first-round pick last year out of Marquette. He averaged 3.8 points and 1.7 rebounds in 42 games for the Timberwolves, getting minimal playing time on a very young team.
    Thunder GM Sam Presti says he likes Hayward's toughness, size and shooting capability and thinks Hayward can provide some depth in Oklahoma City.
    Now the Wolves can add Barea, who agreed to leave the NBA champion Dallas Mavericks for a four-year deal with Minnesota on Monday.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...hayward-oklahoma-city-thunder-two-draft-picks

2. OUgradJeff

OUgradJeff Cowboy

I like it. Presti gave up virtually nothing to get what looks to be a decent backup for our most important player.

RolandDeschain likes this.
  3. jdnofear

jdnofear Cowboy

Does these move make it less likely that Marcus Dove will make the Thunder roster?

4. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Sheriff

The Thunder invited Marcus Dove, Latavious Williams and Robert Vaden were all in camp for what I thought would be for the position to go against KD in practice. With the trade that brought in Hayward it showed that they were not satisfied with what they saw and Hayward sounds like he is fine with this position. http://newsok.com/thunder-lazar-hay...cle/3632041?custom_click=pod_lead_nba-thunder. Hayward also has a very cap friendly contract, he only makes 1.1 million this year and next year, which we will then probably let him go The Thunder currently have 16 people on the roster now and the max is 15 when season starts, which we will be at once we finalize the Nate Robinson buyout or trade him to someone.

5. PokeVille

PokeVille . A/V Subscriber

Does the Mullens trade put us at 15 now?

6. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Sheriff

We are still at 16. I didn't realize Ryan Reid was in camp and since he was in camp he goes on to our roster because we drafted him.