1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Thunder Salary Cap Room

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Dez4Prez2012, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Dez4Prez2012

Dez4Prez2012 Sheriff

The Thunder are going to have enough room to be a player in free agency. Despite the stories on ESPN and in SI about how boring Oklahoma City is with the nucleus they have, if they sneak into the playoffs too, I think they can make an impact in free agency. First, they have to decide if they want to spend and if they do I think you can rule out the big dogs like LeBron and Wade, but who says a guy like Chris Bosh won't come to the Thunder to add to the Westbrook, Durant, Green foundation of the team? Bosh? Carlos Boozer? David Lee? I think they can add a piece to this already up and coming team.

2. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter A/V Subscriber

I have heard the same thing. The Thunder are sitting on quite a bit of cap room. They will be able to write big checks to KD and others and still be able to pick up another possible big name player in free agency. It just so happens there are a TON of names that will be up as free agents this time.

Here is the list.

3. okpoke2003

okpoke2003 Sheriff

I had a dream the other night that Chris Bosh was playing for the Thunder.. Just sayin'..

4. El Gato Bandito

El Gato Bandito Ballin' on a Budget A/V Subscriber

Am I the only one who would prefer Stoudemire over Bosh?

5. mrorange

mrorange Sheriff

I'm afraid we might have to send Green away to get a good player.

I just don't think we can package enough draft picks without having to give up one of the studs of our "nucleus"

6. PokeVille

PokeVille . A/V Subscriber

We aren't talking about trading for anyone are we? However, I think it will be hard to go after Bosh, Etc. without letting someone walk like Green.

7. JoshOSU420

I was under the impression that we had enough cap room to sign our current players and get another big name without trading any of our core players.

8. OSUCHOCTAW

OSUCHOCTAW Territorial Marshal

I'm all for adding players, but we should never get rid of the green, westbrook, kd, harden, sefolosha core.

9. Dez4Prez2012

Dez4Prez2012 Sheriff

I don't think this is really deserving of a new thread but since it deals with contracts and cap room...

Anyone watch PTI today when they talked about Kevin Durant's contract situation?

It could get ugly depending on the route the front office takes. Apparently, just due to the year Durant came into the league he is going to be up for a max contract...but before a possible new labor agreement comes about...one that could save the Thunder 25 million on a max contract for Durant. So they talked about what they would try to do, sign him up for a richer contract under this labor agreement, or stall to a new agreement, save money, but risk alienating or angering the cornerstone of the franchise.

10. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

Huh, first time I've heard anything about that. Presti is a smart dude, and he knows that keeping KD in OKC is the absolute #1 priority. He's not going to do anything to piss off our star player and MVP candidate.

11. Poke04

Poke04 Sheriff

I dont think adding players without breaking up that core is a possibility. I think that KD and Westbrook will be kept with green eventually getting moved. No team is going to make a trade and not want value in return.

12. JoeHero

JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men A/V Subscriber

But KD will get a max deal.

13. JoshOSU420

This goes without saying.

14. NewMexPoke84

NewMexPoke84 Ou still sucks A/V Subscriber

Worth every penny. Build the franchise around him be a solid team in the NBA for the next several years.

15. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Territorial Marshal

Yeah, I know I'm probably dreaming since we'll have to save money to resign all our young talent, but I would love to see Wade here in OKC. A guy of his character would fit in really well here in the heartland.

16. OSUgrad02

OSUgrad02 Sheriff

Won't happen. The Thunder management just showed that they want to wait and see how this young team develops. They are playing 3 rookies right now that get at least double digit minutes per game. The biggest thing the Thunder have to worry about is keeping Durant when the time comes because lets face it players aren't exactly jumping at the chance to play in small markets like OKC.

17. Poke4ever

Poke4ever Cowboy

Durant loves it here. His fav. thing about OKC is that it's so laid back here and that he is tired of the go go go attitude of a lot of the bigger markets cause he has had that all his life being from D.C.