Tiger King

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Who's seen it on Netflix?

Finished it last night, & wow, what a weird story.

I was aware of Joe Exotic, used to drive by his billboards on I-35 all the time, knew he'd run for Governor, but talk about a weird dude!

Immediate takeaways for me were: what an absolute cesspool the world of exotic animal farms are (already suspected that), & he sorta got railroaded & conned by a couple of ex-convicts he trusted & brought into his operation.

Not sure there were any winners in this whole story.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Just finished episode 5. I've been to Joe's park a couple of times, and yeah...the staff all have a VERY creepy vibe to them.

I think the quote from episode 1 sums them all up perfectly "big cat people are on another level".

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
When I met my wife 20 years ago, she was going to school and working at Southern Agriculture in Tulsa. She knew a couple of big cat people over on that side of the state. A dude named Safari Joe and his ex-wife who also had her own sanctuary. They were both all bleach blond and tanned and the guy had a long pony tail. They looked every bit the part like all the people in this documentary. We got to take a trip out to the ex-wife's place on one of their closed days and go see the cats up close and personal. It was pretty crazy just being on the other side of a chain link fence from them.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I wonder what kind of career bump Sylvia Corkill is going to get for all the face time she got in this series. I've always thought she was a hottie. She's currently the weekend anchor on news9.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
OK Netflix, here's your next hit documentary series served up on a silver platter.....

That dude is crazy. I used too see him on his bike all over Tulsa. He's bad , but imho Joe exotic way crazier. They seem like they escaped from the circus and stole the cats.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
OK Netflix, here's your next hit documentary series served up on a silver platter.....

I thought about this guy too.

I have been to Tulsa about twice in the last 15 years. On one of the trips I was weaving through the construction and detours and had a flash of this odd little guy on his bike. Then it hit me. That was Biker Fox! It was like a big foot sighting or something for me.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I thought about this guy too.

I have been to Tulsa about twice in the last 15 years. On one of the trips I was weaving through the construction and detours and had a flash of this odd little guy on his bike. Then it hit me. That was Biker Fox! It was like a big foot sighting or something for me.
lol I bet it was around 71st and memorial or Cherry street. I heard he lived close to Riverside just south of Jenks

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I used to live behind the super Walmart at 81st and Lewis in the early 2000's. I used to see biker fox over there all the time riding down Lewis. I think he lives or lived around 81st and Sheridan.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Any chance all this attention is enough to shame Gundy to get a real haircut? I mean the hog hunt didn't get him the attention he needs, maybe (when the world returns to normal) he can get the cameras pointed at him again for a haircut so he doesn't look like JE's brother.