Tip of the Cap

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I’ll just leave this here.

This win felt like a loss. A big fat loss. It’s beyond time for a change on defense for the Sooners.

Hopefully this game combined with the Texas and Texas Tech game is enough to do that.

You guys played phenomenally despite everything going on right now. Everyone’s trying to spin Cornelius into a feel good story, and by this point in the season I can’t imagine how ridiculously frustrating that has to be right now. Because the dude doesn’t have it. And you guys had a million opportunities to win this game.

Much respect. Hope you guys make a bowl. Thanks for beating Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2011

This win felt like a loss. A big fat loss. It’s beyond time for a change on defense for the Sooners.

Hopefully this game combined with the Texas and Texas Tech game is enough to do that.

You guys played phenomenally despite everything going on right now. Everyone’s trying to spin Cornelius into a feel good story, and by this point in the season I can’t imagine how ridiculously frustrating that has to be right now. Because the dude doesn’t have it. And you guys had a million opportunities to win this game.

What a football game. Some ugly defense on both side and some great offense. Can't miss several kicks an expect to win.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I'm sure you'll have an easy time getting over it. Just like every other close game that the sooners end up winning. Same song different verse. But yeah, I don't think you guys will fair very well in the final 4. Your defense is dogsht.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I'm sure you'll have an easy time getting over it. Just like every other close game that the sooners end up winning. Same song different verse. But yeah, I don't think you guys will fair very well in the final 4. Your defense is dogsht.
It’ll be a repeat of the Rose Bowl if we get back into it.

I have zero delusions about it anymore. I’ve made enough excuses for it over the years. I’m done. No more. We won’t win it this year without a miracle.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis

I have zero delusions about it anymore. I’ve made enough excuses for it over the years. I’m done. No more. We won’t win it this year without a miracle.

This is a problem within the Big 12 as a whole. They put themselves out there as the "entertaining" conference, not the GOOD one. Today in the SEC, there were two scores: 21-0 and 24-7 (Alabama over Miss St and Tennessee over Kentucky). When will we be able to say we held a fellow Big 12 team to single digit scoring again?

OB23

Wrangler
Sep 22, 2018
Oswego,IL

Bet it feels more like a loss to us than you lol.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Everyone’s trying to spin Cornelius into a feel good story, and by this point in the season I can’t imagine how ridiculously frustrating that has to be right now. Because the dude doesn’t have it. And you guys had a million opportunities to win this game.
I'm not turning it into any feel good story. But Cornelius is way down the list of people to blame for the loss. He doesn't have it, but he's got more it than most of our lines on both sides of the ball, our kicker and several others.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

This is a problem within the Big 12 as a whole. They put themselves out there as the "entertaining" conference, not the GOOD one. Today in the SEC, there were two scores: 21-0 and 24-7 (Alabama over Miss St and Tennessee over Kentucky). When will we be able to say we held a fellow Big 12 team to single digit scoring again?
There is something to say about the high scoring offenses putting defenses in a bad situation. But there’s a degree that it should stop.

High power, fast paced, wide open offenses are hard to stop. Bowl season shows this too.

But I witnessed Oklahoma in a prevent defense on the ten yard line before halftime.

There’s no excuse for that. I’m surprised I didn’t pop an aneurysm. I was livid.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Everyone’s trying to spin Cornelius into a feel good story, and by this point in the season I can’t imagine how ridiculously frustrating that has to be right now. Because the dude doesn’t have it. And you guys had a million opportunities to win this game.
I'm not turning it into any feel good story. But Cornelius is way down the list of people to blame for the loss. He doesn't have it, but he's got more it than most of our lines on both sides of the ball, our kicker and several others.
No but they were spinning it ad nauseam during the game. The kicker was to blame to an extent I guess. But Cornelius seriously flat out missed so many opportunities. And he’s done it a lot this year.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Seriously? He was being as respectful as he could, and this is your response? Not all OU fans are a-holes, you know.
TG can handle it. He knows the name of the game around here. No need to stick up for him.
I expect it on the Flame board.

I didn’t come here to ruffle feathers.