1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TLC resurecting Left eye and going on tour

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by Binman4OSU, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

2. Ultra86

Ultra86 Sheriff

Join us....

Brains...

We want your soul...

3. pokesmoke16

pokesmoke16 Deputy

These are about to start popping up all over the place, its going to be an epidemic and borderline annoying. Soon enough there will be a grammy for best hologram tour.

OP 9000 likes this.
  4. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

5. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

The interesting thing is that there's been a "hologram"-only show in Japan for several years now that has played out to sold-out arenas across the country.

The character is completely fictional and the music is all electronic. Not sure that that kind of thing would ever catch on here quite like it did there, but still pretty bizarre regardless.

6. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Territorial Marshal

That and Gorillaz.

Weird as it this could potentially get, I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Jackson (preferably when he was his normal black self) resurrected and bustin some moves. Still remember the death of Left Eye though. Very talented artist and very unfortunate death.
    That and Hendrix.

7. zachya

zachya Hero of Spielburg A/V Subscriber

...maybe we can FINALLY get a Zeppelin tour...

8. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

Why don't they use this technology to resurrect someone with actual musical talent? I suppose that's probably a lot harder to fake on stage.

9. HeartLike_JohnStarks

We get it. All Rap and Hip hop artists are evil and devoid of talent.
    Of course, I guess that makes me evil too, huh, since I grew up on these types of music (yet able to appreciate classic rock/blues/jazz/oldies) ?

and fyi, she WAS talented, just in a different way (she was a good singer actually)

Don't get her perceived image and particular musical industry/culture confused with her particular talent

now, you want to see people with no musical talent? See any Nicki Minaj, Spears, or any of the pop rock bands that only know how to create music on basic power chords, or most other pop/rap artists nowadays. I actually wouldn't shed a tear for any of these fools if they died, atleast from a musical scene-wise

Stop judging people based on how they look and their culture, however it might scare or you detest it.

10. HeartLike_JohnStarks

11. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

Sublime reunion? Nirvana? Lynyrd Skynyrd?

OkPoke17 likes this.
  12. OrangeAggie

Dude, TLC didn't even write their own songs, give me a break with your "respect culture" shit. :rolleyes:

13. Donnyboy

Donnyboy Speaks the language A/V Subscriber

This is in response to the massive clamor for a TLC concert when she was actually alive?

OrangeAggie and zachya like this.
  14. steross

steross OSU fan in need of hyper loop A/V Subscriber

To paraphrase, it is BS for you to say a younger generation of musicians have no talent as they are my generation, but it is fine for me to say the same thing about an even younger generation.

Regarding the "basic power chords" argument, for some reason I remember having a similar discussion with an older friend back in 1988 when I played some Great White, Dokken, and Metallica. I'm no fan of Minaj either, but it is a stretch to say that isn't talent to be able to rap like that. Everyone thinks their music was the era of talent. I'm sure many people who grew up in the big band era were not too impressed with Zeppelin.

SiggyPoke likes this.
  15. HeartLike_JohnStarks

So? They're performance artists and they're paid to sing and rap to a particular audience/demographic , and regardless of what you think of it, it requires talent of its own. And atleast they didn't have to resort to weird costumes and plastic surgery to sexualize themselves to sell records.

Still better than anything out in the pop scene has right now, I'll tell you that.

16. HeartLike_JohnStarks

I guess I'm not quite clear on what you're saying here. Are you basically saying I'm dissing on my generation unfairly? I'm being serious here lol , I need some clarification before I say thing.

As for the basic power chords thing, I'm not sure what Metallica has to do with that. I'm a casual fan of theirs , but they don't exactly fall into that category.......they can actually rip it up mad on the guitar.

17. OrangeAggie

Right...they're paid to appeal to the least intelligent demographic of listeners...listeners who will lap up anything MTV and top 40 radio tells them to. If you want to argue that TLC is good compared to Brittany Spears and Niki Minaj, I'm not going to argue with you.

Your argument is tantamount to me saying that McDonald's deserves just as much respect as In-N-Out burger because as a restaurant they're more popular and have sold more burgers.

Also, the fact that writing your own songs is irrelevant to you pretty much ends the argument for me.

18. OkPoke17

OkPoke17 Deputy A/V Subscriber

Sublime has a new singer who is pretty good, but nobody can replace Brad

19. Orangendn

Orangendn Sheriff

So what is your reasoning that the people who like music with a broad appeal are less intelligent than people who like music by people "who haven't sold out"? That's being a bit snobbish don't you think?

Now realize I never said that pop music any better. But liking a certain type of music by itself doesn't make anyone smarter or dumber.

HeartLike_JohnStarks likes this.
  20. HeartLike_JohnStarks

I really wanted to leave walk away from this pointless and petty argument, but I felt inspired again ;)

First off, are you saying people who listen to urban pop music are dumb? Just because it doesn't appeal to your ears or sensiblities doesn't mean that people that listen to it are dumb, dirty filth of the earth

Second of all, I commend people who try to write their owns songs, but not everyone who can strum basic guitar chords that they learned in a span of 1 month to some ho hum and unimaginative lyrics can also be qualified as any more talented than people who just mainly perform and sing & dance.
    Everyone has their own unique talent and sensiblities , and just cause you don't like it don't mean that some other people may like it and that the artist is talented in his or her own rights.

I don't listen to a lot of pop music, and it has arguably gotten even more dumbed down, but that doesn't mean there were and are still some talented artists out there that are talented in their own ways and I can respect their hustle. Sure, I may not see some of the mass appeal, but then again, its pop music - like Big Bang Theory- and its meant to be easily accessible.