1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TMZ reports..Oklahoma BB Star Scores Questionable Cash

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by TXN4oSu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. TXN4oSu

TXN4oSu Wrangler

Oklahoma BB Star Scores Questionable Cash

Not one word about this in the JOKLAHOMAN this morning...
    If this was oSu... it would be front page news....

Posted Mar 18th 2010 3:03AM by TMZ Staff
    University of Oklahoma basketball star Keith "Tiny" Gallon may have violated a cardinal NCAA rule by accepting thousands of dollars from a guy who appears to have been courting him.

Gallon -- a freshman center for the Sooners - scored a $3,000 wire transfer last August, according to a document obtained by TMZ. The money was deposited in a bank account jointly held by Keith and his mom, Sylvia Wright.

As for who gave Keith the dough -- the document shows it's Jeffrey Hausinger, a Merrill Lynch financial advisor who reps several professional athletes.

It's a violation of NCAA rules for any player or player's relative to receive money that isn't readily available to other players -- for example, a student loan or scholarship. We're told the rule clearly prohibits any agent, lawyer or financial advisor from trying to lure a player with money.

Keith made headlines last week when he announced he would return to OU next year rather than turn pro.

OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione says the school is committed to following NCAA rules, and "any activity not in compliance is taken seriously and is acted upon swiftly."

We could not reach Keith. His mom had no comment. We called Hausinger for comment about the $3,000 wire transfer -- he said, "I don't think I want to talk to you," and hung up.

Tags: basketball, hoops, investigation, keith gallon, KeithGallon, march madness, MarchMadness, ncaa, sooners, tiny gallon, TinyGallon, university of oklahoma, UniversityOfOklahoma, violations

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/oklahoma-basketball-star-keith-gallon-ncaa-scandal/#ixzz0iWw2tm8I

2. OSUTXRangers1

OSUTXRangers1 Swag Surfin A/V Subscriber

Say what you will about them, but TMZ is legit on proving rumors true. Seems like bad news for tiny. I am interested in hearing more about this when more comes out. He just recently said he was planning on returning to ou, he might not have a choice now.

3. ikepkt

ikepkt Cowboy

I just looked in the Tulsa World. No mention there either. I'm not sure, but TMZ isn't the most reliable news source in the world. They're great if you want an update on Amy winehouse, or who's doing the hibbety dibbity with Lindsay Lohan, but not much after that. My interest is piqued and I will be very curious to see what washes out with this. I don't think lard ace Gallon is even worth 3000 right now. Euro league here he comes. Remeber Tiny, it's a royal with cheese.

4. cowboyfan97

cowboyfan97 Cowboy

This makes me laugh!

5. osufan97

osufan97 Cowboy

They broke the john edwards love child a year before, anyone would believe it. Could be more reliable than the "internet" reporters that never leave the cubical.

I can see it, I thought it before anyway.

6. jetman

jetman Territorial Marshal

LMAO. That's about all I have to say about it.

7. kayleelorena

kayleelorena Banned to Bedlam & Flame

i wouldnt doubt it.

8. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

I'm shocked. An okie u player taking cash from anyone for anything...this just doesn't happen, has never happened down at okie u. Pitiful if true...how dumb do you have to be? :rolleyes:

9. Roman Craig

Roman Craig Race Ya Home! A/V Subscriber

Hey 2U this cracked me up:

Ha!

Tiny is in the clear! Don't sweat it squats.

10. eldjr

eldjr Cowboy

tmz broke the recent big ben assault story about 12 hours before espn ever mentioned it on the web or on the air.

11. snuffy

snuffy Deep Thoughts. Staff A/V Subscriber

"who's doing the hibbety dibbity" ??? Wow, a little old school.

12. Pokephoto1

Pokephoto1 Cowboy

TMZ also was the first to report Michael Jackson's death... but anyway.

I imagine the DOk will "break" this story later ... after it clears Pres. Boren's desk.

13. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Yep, plenty to go around...you don't even have to cash checks. Just give us your routing # and acct # and we'll make it happen! No reason you should be required to pull up to a cold gas station in the middle of the night with keys and code for n/c gas, now you can pay just like everybody else.

14. No Garbage 66

No Garbage 66 Sheriff

TMZ broke the Tiger Woods story, too.

I can't believe TMZ would waste their time or resources on a basketball player on such a bad team.

A u0 athlete taking $$ illegally ??

So where's the story here ????:p

15. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

TMZ was also the first to break the story about Tiger Woods' affairs.

I guess that's because ESPN, The Golf Channel, CBS Sportsline, Fox Sports, Sporting News Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo Sports, etc. are all blatant Phil Mickelson haters who will stop at nothing to bring down Ol' Lefty while giving Tiger a free pass at every turn :rolleyes:

;)

16. twelvezero

twelvezero Wrangler

Recruits take note. If you don't do things the Gooners' way...........be prepared for the consequences.

It has been clear to me that they didn't want Tiny back in Norman. Then he announced his return. Kind of interesting, isn't it?

17. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

That's probably because Tiny knows he'll make infinitely more money playing in Norman than he ever will in the NBA.

18. Birry

Birry Territorial Marshal

Zing!

19. FightingtoWin

FightingtoWin Deputy

Why are they reporting on a college basketball player who really isn't that big of a name?

20. El Gato Bandito

El Gato Bandito Ballin' on a Budget A/V Subscriber

I hope Tiny is ready for life in the D-League