1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Troy Fan Here

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by TrojanArrow, Jun 3, 2011.

1. TrojanArrow

TrojanArrow Greenhorn

First of all let me state I'm not here to talk trash.

I would just like to speak on our fan base as a whole. This has to be one of our top 15 performances of the year and it was against a great team. The whole Trojan fan base is honored to beat a program with such historical success.

I do think we were a little bit underrated though considering most polls had us in the top 25 most of the season and winning 42 games is not easy for any team. From some post I read I'm see you guys don't like playing us in any sport because we have dangerous teams around the board for a small school. But any team we can beat a team like oSu we are honored.

So just think of it as a loss to a worthy opponent not just a Sun Belt team. We have some great players and you guys saw why Tyler Ray is considered one of the best and most underrated players in baseball.

2. BeatOU

BeatOU --- ... ..- Staff A/V Subscriber

Well, that was a heck of a nice post! Welcome, and good game! Personally, I love playing Troy. I consider the football game at Troy to be a significant piece of our football program's history... for several reasons. ;)

3. Rob B.

Rob B. Twizzard of Oz A/V Subscriber

Good luck to your team, unless, of course, we play again.:D

4. TrojanArrow

TrojanArrow Greenhorn

You guys got our coordinator :(

But thanks for the post guys many teams won't even schedule us unless they have favorable conditions. That football games against you guys was a high point for us as a new programs even with the loss last season.

5. pokeshd

pokeshd Cowboy

All NCAA schools have questionable academic/athletic aspirtations. That is, saying that D1 athletes take their degrees seriously, especially in the major sports is a farce. It's much more about taking the easiest classes they can find to simply stay eligable and nailing as many co-eds as they can find. But Troy takes it all to a new level. They recruit a huge number of JC guys with very little academic acheivements, then get them a load of easy classes and call them student athletes. I guess if you call reading the articles in Playboy educational, them most of them are honestly are student athletes.

6. PistolChad

PistolChad Galaxy Stranger A/V Subscriber

I like Troy too...my favorite Sunbelt team without question.

I hope the Big East expands and invites 3 CUSA schools so Troy has a chance to move to CUSA.

7. Rob B.

Didn't take long for someone to take a giant dump on this thread.....now did it?
    :rolleyes:

8. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Wow. This guy posts something very respectful and kind about our program and you respond with an insult? :x

9. TrojanArrow

TrojanArrow Greenhorn

Wow man that was completely uncalled for. Troy isn't a huge schools with a large funding most parts of the state Alabama haven't even heard of Troy. Were just a 8k size school in the middle of no where who has only been D1 for a little less than ten years.

We aren't well known enough yet to sign top players out of high school so we just get what we can and go after Junior college guys. But just be considerate of the situations in different places a little more dude. The city population of Troy is like 13k and the school is 7k think about that.

10. backphil

backphil Sheriff

Not to burst your bubble, but let me set you straight . . . You beat a "program with historical success," but you DID NOT beat a "great team." We have a long ways to go to be "great" again.:x

11. Rob B.

People like yourself really need to realize the era of dynasties in college baseball is over. UT and aggy are regional hosts and they are not "great" teams. You will no longer see dominant programs like OSU of the 80's or Miami of the 90's. Get those ideas out of your heads and maybe you'll be able to enjoy being a fan of OSU baseball.

12. Golden

Golden Deputy

I am also a Troy fan and grad tho I also have strong ties to OSU too. I also am a Southern Miss grad.

I pull for OSU except when they are playing Troy or USM.

I am unsure of Troy vs OSU in various sports but traditionally Troy had played OSu tough. Actually Troy is well known in Alabama and is not in that bad a location. Half was between Dothan , which is probably the fastest growing city in Alabama and the Capital, Montgormery.

Troy also has the advantage of sitting right in the heart of some of, if not the best recruiting territory in the country. Right in the midst of Ala. Fla. and GA. Troy sometimes has to take the leftovers from Ala. Auburn, Georgia, FSu and Florida. Sometimes those leftovers are pretty darn good.

13. HoboSpider

HoboSpider Deputy

I don't know about "dynastys" but checking the list since 1980, the same group of teams have made regular appearances in the championship games, teams like USC, LSU, Cal-State Fullerton, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State and Texas . . . Even the teams that win their first or second titles still have been to the tournament multiple times during that stretch . . . the only real newcomer to the tournament was Oregon State when they won back-to-back in '06 and '07, and they beat North Carolina both times, which had been to the tournament five-straight years . . . South Carolina won its first title last year, but they've been to the tournament seven times since 1981 and four times since 2002 . . . so there's really not a whole lot of parity in college baseball

14. OStateMan

OStateMan Banned Banned

He said taking easy classes and getting laid by college co-eds was like a bad thing.

:confused:

15. bixbyosu

bixbyosu Cowboy

Welcome and thanks for the kind compliments Troy fan. You guys have a really good baseball team this year and almost beat possible our best football team in school history. You guys have taken some guys with some issues in the past and Lord knows we have too. We have knuckleheads just like you do and everyone else does. I wish you guys well in the regional because I know we don't have anything to offer you competititon wise it appears.