Trump headed to Tulsa next Friday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Note he is doing this on Juneteenth in the place where the worst race massacre in the US ever happened and its his first rally since the protesting/riots. I am sure nothing bad will happen with this event... :eek:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I hope it’s held in a tight overcrowded venue and not one attendee dons any type of PPE!
That would be grand!!
Well, yeah, since so many Trump supporters pretty strongly think the virus is nothing but a hoax. They'll feel weak and be seen as hoax believers by putting on masks.

Protests in Tulsa were big. In less conservative Oklahoma City they were bigger. It will be interesting to see if many protestors will come out for the Trump rally. Maybe some from out of state will want to come. I don't think Trump gained any new friends since his last rally on March 2.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They were talking about it on the radio this am...I think it's likely going to be outside...maybe Guthrie Green but more likely, and I think the most likely, the Gathering Place, unless Keiser attempts to secretly put the kibosh on it. Will be interesting to watch, kind of like when for POTUS Obama came to Cushing Oklahoma...It would be interesting to see a list of POTUS's who have visited our humble state with dates and such. I was there when W visited OSU and his Dad, I believe, prior to that? Don't recall if Clinton or Reagan ever came for a chat...would be interesting in a historical context.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
They were talking about it on the radio this am...I think it's likely going to be outside...maybe Guthrie Green but more likely, and I think the most likely, the Gathering Place, unless Keiser attempts to secretly put the kibosh on it. Will be interesting to watch, kind of like when for POTUS Obama came to Cushing Oklahoma...It would be interesting to see a list of POTUS's who have visited our humble state with dates and such. I was there when W visited OSU and his Dad, I believe, prior to that? Don't recall if Clinton or Reagan ever came for a chat...would be interesting in a historical context.
Clinton came for the memorial service after the bombing.

Bush Sr. did the commencement speech in '90, iirc.

Ford came to Stillwater during his term.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Btw, I thought is was ridiculously petty when Fallin didn't welcome Obama.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, yeah, since so many Trump supporters pretty strongly think the virus is nothing but a hoax. They'll feel weak and be seen as hoax believers by putting on masks.

Protests in Tulsa were big. In less conservative Oklahoma City they were bigger. It will be interesting to see if many protestors will come out for the Trump rally. Maybe some from out of state will want to come. I don't think Trump gained any new friends since his last rally on March 2.
Townie - Honestly, the amount of people, Trump supporters or not, that think the virus is a "hoax" are about the same amount as think the Earth is flat...Now the number of people that think the reaction to the virus was too extreme, or debate the reaction in general, includes you, and is very large.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Clinton came for the memorial service after the bombing.

Bush Sr. did the commencement speech in '90, iirc.

Ford came to Stillwater during his term.
Cool, any others like LBJ or JFK or Reagan? I would think it's likely that Ike was here at some point since he was born in Texas and raised in Kansas I would assume it was impossible for him not to have been here.

Feb 15, 2007
I saw Nixon give a speech a few days before his reelection in a hangar at the Tulsa airport.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Some interesting stuff on who all has been to Oklahoma and even Stillwater. Didn't realize tricky Dick was a commencement speaker...My mom actually campaigned for him in Kansas...back in the 70's. Weird time in our national history...similar to now.