Trump headed to Tulsa next Friday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Fair enough. Since you weren’t equally concerned, at least on this site, with the multiple protests the week prior in Tulsa about COVID, were you concerned elsewhere or just keep that concern to yourself?
I think 19,000 in an enclosed area and shouting, presumably without masks sounds like a receipe for disaster.

I haven't gone to any BLM protests either in Los Angeles, but watched two marches go by from the sidewalk. I support their protests, but am more concerned with my health about an unknown viral infection.

There is no reason to have a political rally when the OKC Thunder aren't even playing in empty stadiums yet.

This political soiree was driven by ego and illogical decision making over concern for human life

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You totally missed his point. One group was peaceful and stayed where they were supposed to, the other group kept leaving their area and tried to block the road and if I remember correctly, a different part of group b had to be moved back multiple times because they kept trying to block entry to the event by people.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How many people were arrested? I saw huge numbers of law enforcement there. I've heard about two people arrested on a KJRH report after the rally and one 50-year old woman who had the big dramatic arrest for wearing the "I can't Breathe" t-shirt. Trump mentioned the very bad people outside. Thank goodness the national guard was called in!

I assume with all the law enforcement there there must have been thousands of people arrested there that were breaking the law, right? I haven't heard the actual numbers. I know there were plenty of law enforcement available and widespread disruptive behavior. I agree that it's unacceptable for the 6200 patriotic Trump supporters in a city of 400,000 to have their lives threatened by people with opposing viewpoints.

I was being supportive of @cableok he was clearly traumatized about by the inflatable pig and I was trying to pinpoint what the problem was and hopefully steer him ( I assume that user is a man - I apologize if I am incorrect; please let me know your preferred pronouns) toward some coping mechanisms to get through this crippling anxiety.
No you are being facetious and condescending. Doesn't it get old? Not being able to just have a normal discussion with someone? I'm sorry you seem to not be able to. I'll just stop talking to you then. No need to waste time with someone that only responds with veiled rudeness
And I would think you'd be glad, that with the fact that the protesters kept disobeying, more weren't arrested. The 62 year old teacher that was clearly trespassing and refusing to leave private property when asked, deserved to be arrested. It's what she wanted anyway obviously. I haven't read about the other 2.

Mar 11, 2006
I think 19,000 in an enclosed area and shouting, presumably without masks sounds like a receipe for disaster.

I haven't gone to any BLM protests either in Los Angeles, but watched two marches go by from the sidewalk. I support their protests, but am more concerned with my health about an unknown viral infection.

There is no reason to have a political rally when the OKC Thunder aren't even playing in empty stadiums yet.

This was political soiree was driven by ego and illogical decision making over concern for human life
You seem to have me confused with someone that was attending and/or attending the rally. I just find it amusing and not al all surprising that the same hypocrites come out complaining about a rally after having a supportive view of the protests and riots that took place in the last three weeks.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Recently, I realized I was wrong. I thought back in 2016 Trump was marginally better than Hillary. This has not aged well. The guy has moved the Republicans toward authoritarianism in a major way. If Hillary were elected, there would have at least been resistance towards her brand of it. Now? No one resists it, and simultaneously, the left also has a rise of authoritarianism, albeit to a lesser extent. I genuinely fear the direction the country is heading.

I will, for the 3rd election in a row, be voting Libertarian. I encourage everyone else to do also, as a 5% would open up every ballot in the country to the libertarian party. Something needs to happen to avert sure disaster and bring some hope back into this situation.
I'm sorry but the Democrats are the very definition of authoritarian. Cuomo and deblasio have people tattling on their neighbors for playing at parks and attending school. Oh wait. That's mostly Jews they are being harsh with. Not a good look at all.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Have you tried the new cherry wood Kingsford? I think that would make for a great fish smoke.

Thanks for the tip!

I should look into that. I haven't used a charcoal grill in years but got one mid lockdown to try something different this summer. I wanted to get more experimental than I have been but recent events haven't exactly been conducive to spending a lot of time at the meat counter thinking about what I'm going to do next.

This was my 2nd attempt at fish. Grilled salmon was ok but it wasn't anything I can't recreate in the oven.

For the tilapia I treated it like ribs, and with the longer cooking time plus swimming in butter which was also absorbing the smoke and it was as good as the ribeye I made today.

No kids this weekend so I made it spicy but I'm going to try it again with lemon pepper or maybe a local pork run that is perfect on everything. I'll have to check out the cherry briquettes though.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Thanks for the tip!

I should look into that. I haven't used a charcoal grill in years but got one mid lockdown to try something different this summer. I wanted to get more experimental than I have been but recent events haven't exactly been conducive to spending a lot of time at the meat counter thinking about what I'm going to do next.

This was my 2nd attempt at fish. Grilled salmon was ok but it wasn't anything I can't recreate in the oven.

For the tilapia I treated it like ribs, and with the longer cooking time plus swimming in butter which was also absorbing the smoke and it was as good as the ribeye I made today.

No kids this weekend so I made it spicy but I'm going to try it again with lemon pepper or maybe a local pork run that is perfect on everything. I'll have to check out the cherry briquettes though.
Do you have any advice for cooking some trout on a traeger. I have some in the freezer I really need to use up but not sure how to cook it

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I’m kind of curious what the answers may be on this. Lets say last night was a scheduled OSU basketball game at the BOK and the there was a threat of protestors due to Gundys OAN shirt and spike in Covid cases. How many of you would have attended?

Mar 11, 2006
I’m kind of curious what the answers may be on this. Lets say last night was a scheduled OSU basketball game at the BOK and the there was a threat of protestors due to Gundys OAN shirt and spike in Covid cases. How many of you would have attended?
I May have attended. If it was an outdoor football game yesterday, I definitely would have attended.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
That's a crazy strawman. Like beyond strawman.

1. If our basketball teams popularity is similar to Trump's right now Biden is going to slaughter him in November. I'd guess a lot of us would risk it for decent basketball but this forum for OSU sports is the equivalent to the most right wing Pro Trump message board on the planet. The average person isn't going to risk their health to watch out basketball team live, or any basketball team for that matter.

2. No one is going to protest Gundy. It's a story that had legs for a few days because of current events, but aside from a piece or two on Gameday if Hubbard gets serious Heisman consideration it's going to be forgotten. Even then it will paint him in a positive light. As a political lightning rod, he isn't on the same planet as Trump. When we get sports back, no one is going to care.

3. Either the threat of protesters didn't stop anyone last night or the enthusiasm for Trump isn't what it was prior to all of this. People talk a good game on Facebook but either they aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is or there are far fewer of them than there were 12 months ago.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma

1. If our basketball teams popularity is similar to Trump's right now Biden is going to slaughter him in November. I'd guess a lot of us would risk it for decent basketball but this forum for OSU sports is the equivalent to the most right wing Pro Trump message board on the planet. The average person isn't going to risk their health to watch out basketball team live, or any basketball team for that matter.

2. No one is going to protest Gundy. It's a story that had legs for a few days because of current events, but aside from a piece or two on Gameday if Hubbard gets serious Heisman consideration it's going to be forgotten. Even then it will paint him in a positive light. As a political lightning rod, he isn't on the same planet as Trump. When we get sports back, no one is going to care.

3. Either the threat of protesters didn't stop anyone last night or the enthusiasm for Trump isn't what it was prior to all of this. People talk a good game on Facebook but either they aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is or there are far fewer of them than there were 12 months ago.
I knew there would be somebody answer this way. It’s a pretty simple question. Would you attend an indoor basketball game or not if you have the option to watch on TV? It’s one game. There will be plenty of others.
Nobody is going to protest Gundy? His own players did with threats of either make changes or we’re walking. That’s a pretty serious protest if you ask me.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma

You may want to edit number 3. Either the threat of protests and Covid DID stop people last night or his enthusiasm is way down.
Your answer reminds me of when I asked if trump was traveling to a malaria ridden country would his doctor prescribe his HCQ and have any concerns with side effects. Of course the first answer I received is “he’s not traveling to a malaria country so it doesn’t matter.”

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I knew there would be somebody answer this way. It’s a pretty simple question. Would you attend an indoor basketball game or not if you have the option to watch on TV? It’s one game. There will be plenty of others.
Nobody is going to protest Gundy? His own players did with threats of either make changes or we’re walking. That’s a pretty serious protest if you ask me.
He has done quite a bit to downplay concerns over the pandemic. He was basically calling on people to protest at state capitols a few weeks ago. Either his supporters don't buy into his bs or he has a lot less supporters now.