TV/Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Ball game. Terrible loss. Bad coaching bad defense and atrocious hitting. Pitching was ok. Not sure why we wasted standlee out of the pen. Should have started him or started him tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Sounded like a lot of good contact, but not much to show for it. Untimely defensive miscues and inefficient starting pitching.

The first bit would just be bad luck. The latter two issues though may be concerning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Exa
Ball game. Terrible loss. Bad coaching bad defense and atrocious hitting. Pitching was ok. Not sure why we wasted standlee out of the pen. Should have started him or started him tomorrow.

Exactly. Standlee should have been the starter. Don’t know why we have to keep trying to force Freahmen into a starting role when there’s experienced pitching that is a better option.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

Really not sure what his plans are for Standlee. He may be the toughest guy on the staff but he just bounces him around from role to role.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
And I’m all for leaving Polc at 3rd, Gardner at 2nd and DH Thompson.He showed far more confidence at the position in the limited time he was there than Thompson who has played every day.

Last edited:

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

Really not sure what his plans are for Standlee. He may be the toughest guy on the staff but he just bounces him around from role to role.
Instead we roll out Campbell and osmond who continue to put us behind early. Freshman on the mound not hitting and needing every run we can get and we steal with runners on the corners in a one run game. Absolutely killed us. We were trying to manufacture a run that inning with the bunt then they gave us an opportunity to score without getting a hit and we straight steal. Worst case you have to hit and run. That was the only time in 2 games we put any pressure on the pitcher and we took it right back off.