TV/Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
That was ugly. Illinois look far ahead of the Cowboys in both pitching and hitting. Not supposed to be the case with a northern team playing a southern team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Actually, it seemed as though we hit the ball pretty well, just right at people. The difference was starting pitching and defense. Playing with a lead in both games has allowed UCLA and Illinois to go with starters longer.

Feb 14, 2020
Stillwater
Remember everyone, it's early...You don't need to peak the first three weeks of the year. This is when you find out what your team needs to work on and then focus on that so when it matters later on in the season, you've been there before and know how to get through it. Just a reminder to the fans who can't see past this loss today, the 2016 team started 2-5 and ended up in the National Semifinal.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
And I’m all for leaving Polc at 3rd, Gardner at 2nd and DH Thompson.He showed far more confidence at the position in the limited time he was there than Thompson who has played every day.
We have better bats than Dylan. That should be the bigger factor. Our lineup is better with Polc at second.

I would rather see Blake Robertson get a look at third if Thompson has to miss any time. But I’m not sure he made the trip to Frisco.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
We c
We have better bats than Dylan. That should be the bigger factor. Our lineup is better with Polc at second.

I would rather see Blake Robertson get a look at third if Thompson has to miss any time. But I’m not sure he made the trip to Frisco.
That may well be. We certainly need to look at other options at 3rd. His body language is not good. He is clearly not comfortable in the position at all.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
The good news is we are making good contact. If they can figure out pitching and defense then we have an opportunity pretty much every week to pick up quality wins. Gotta win tomorrow though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
And I’m all for leaving Polc at 3rd, Gardner at 2nd and DH Thompson.He showed far more confidence at the position in the limited time he was there than Thompson who has played every day.

Yeah not sure why he hit trenkle for Sifrit know Gardner was coming up. A lot of strange coaching decisions today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
The last two days don’t have me worried much. You’re going to be up and down in college baseball. Just don’t let it become a streak.

and honestly, they aren’t swinging the bats that poorly. I’ve not seen so many “loud outs” in two games in a long time.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
Trenkle hit for Sifrit because he has shown excellent power to the opposite field. The wind was blowing out big time and Trenkle gave Pokes best chance to tie up the game with 1 swing.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
The last two days don’t have me worried much. You’re going to be up and down in college baseball. Just don’t let it become a streak.

and honestly, they aren’t swinging the bats that poorly. I’ve not seen so many “loud outs” in two games in a long time.
Agreed. It’s baseball and sometimes even when you do everything right it doesn’t work out. As long as the team grows from this weekend I’ll be happy. It does make it hard to host super regionals, and sometimes even regionals, when you lose these early season games. But if we can get a win tomorrow it would be a great way to close out the trip.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
He took the rubber without the ball. First baseman still had it.
We were in the park and I’ve honestly NEVER seen a pitcher take the rubber without the ball. Didn’t know it was a balk but why would you take the rubber without the ball? Don’t know what he was doing. Wonder if he just didn’t remember it wasn’t in his glove or what. So strange!

Nov 14, 2010
We c

That may well be. We certainly need to look at other options at 3rd. His body language is not good. He is clearly not comfortable in the position at all.
I think Hewitt at 3rd and Brock catching is what will end up happening if Jake can't handle 3rd base

Nov 14, 2010
Hate to have to move Hewitt from behind the plate but there clearly needs to be a better option at 3rd very soon.
Mathis had a rough start but is a really good catcher and has a shutdown arm as well.

And.. he can hit

Hewitt is good depth at the catcher spot, but, for a College World Series type team, needs to be just that.

Hewitt needs to be the Swiss Army knife

He's not great at any one thing, but he's really solid at just about everything.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Mathis had a rough start but is a really good catcher and has a shutdown arm as well.

And.. he can hit

Hewitt is good depth at the catcher spot, but, for a College World Series type team, needs to be just that.

Hewitt needs to be the Swiss Army knife

He's not great at any one thing, but he's really solid at just about everything.
I love his bat in our lineup though. He’s wearing out the ball this year.