1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TV for 1st 3 games mergered

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by hoopjunkie, Aug 16, 2012.

1. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Sheriff

The OKLAHOMAN is reporting that NONE of the first THREE games on the Cowboy football schedule have been picked up to broadcast in the state of Oklahoma.....

1) we knew that Savannah State wouldn't get picked up by any network, however, Kevin Klintworth told the OKLAHOMAN that OSU is considering their own broadcast.....
    2) we know the situation with the Arizona game and the PAC-12 network and Cox's negotiations, or talks, or whatever you want to call it to possibly air that one....
    3) I could have sworn that the Louisiana game was moved to 11 AM specifically for FSN. Was I wrong in seeing that, or perhaps it is FCS instead???

The Louisiana game is the one that I am confused about......why else would we have an 11 AM game if it were NOT televised. The kickoff for a non-televised game would be 1 pm or 6 pm, not 11 AM........

Thanks in advance for a response.

2. FlamingAggie

FlamingAggie Deputy

That is really disturbing news. I just assumed that the 11am kickoff for ULL was due to tv. Why on earth would we schedule a morning kickoff unless we had to?

okstate0303 likes this.
  3. Hefley001

Hefley001 Deputy

The LaLa game is on FSN. I put the link out the other day. Will post it here when I get to work.

NotOnTV likes this.
  4. fifrat

fifrat Cowboy

I too was confused by this. I too, just assumed that the reason for the 11am kickoff was for Fox telecast. Makes no sense otherwise.

5. CJ4oSu

CJ4oSu Cowboy

The ULaLa game is definitely going to be on TV. The DOK is wrong.

6. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap. A/V Subscriber

7. CJ4oSu

CJ4oSu Cowboy

8. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap. A/V Subscriber

Right on. Thanks. My link certainly had me worried.

9. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

So much for the:
    "last bastion of reliable, legitimate, responsible, objective journalism."

10. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

I just wrote an email to Mel Bracht. I didn't even realize that game was on but thought it might be. I said he is incorrect, i was nice but that he was mistaken. The Pac12 is televising the Arizona game just due to TV rights etc Cox doesn't want to buy the whole Pac12network thing for one game. Cox is working to get it on, so it's still possible. Also the first game might be get picked up on OSU network- pay-per-view. At least the first game still might be available to people on pay-per-view. Uncertain on that though. Likely the only game not to be televised is the first game.

11. mt_goat

mt_goat Deputy

It seems like the Dok is really going out of their way to try and make OSU look bad this year, I mean more than ever. Even the story on Littlehead's case dismissal mostly just made him look bad all over again. End of rant.

12. Noven

Noven Devil Incarnate A/V Subscriber

This ish continues to floor me that in this day and age these games aren't set for TV, and for the defending Big 12 champ nonetheless. Sickening to see other conferences have many other avenues to air an ass load of games and the Big 12 is still stuck with this crap.
    The article would indicate it is about oSu but the story quickly devolves into all OU related talk.

zachya likes this.
  13. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

We have our network with Fox. We will never have a conferance game not televised again. These networks such as the Pac, are what is screwing us over, by purchasing the rights to the game and then holding them hostage to local cable providers outside the conferance footpring. I would bet if the Pac 12 didnt jump out and grab this one up then it would be on Fox.

I got a feeling they (Pac Net) are not going to budge on it either. Thats the reason to have Networks so you can gain rights to events and sale your entire package to see them. I hope they realize it just isnt going to be sold here and offer a PPV setup at worst. Id buy 6 months of the Pac Net just to get this game.

14. HDedmond

HDedmond Deputy

Unless I am reading it wrong, the info on mattsarzsports.com says the coverage is "tentative" for OSU - ULaLa. It also seems to list "FCS Central" as a coverage possibility. FCS (Fox College Sports) Central is the same net that carried ULaLa-OSU last year, but it is not carried by Cox in Oklahoma.

Celldweller7 likes this.
  15. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

The arizona game people can watch we already know that so it's false there. You might have to go someone for satelite if you have cox like me but Cox is working on it. The 3rd game with Lousiana I bet will be televised as well. Mark it down, only one game we play this year will not be on tv.

16. CowboyOrangeFan

CowboyOrangeFan Bro-Lo El Cuñado A/V Subscriber

There is something fishy going on with the Big 12 and Fox as far as announcing the schedule. That one site listed above shows the games as being televised, and the games have been moved to the appropriate time. However none of them are "officially" listed as being televised. The official Big 12 site doesn't list it, and neither does each individual school site.

To add to the mystery. Here is an official Fox release:

http://static.foxsports.com/content...ollege_Football_Schedule_(2)1339704073443.pdf

Notice that all of the games that would fall under the Big 12 contract are listed as TBA. Even though like I just said. The game times have been officially moved, and they line up with the slots for the TBA games in that release. Very strange. I'm not sure why they haven't officially anounced any of it.

BTW, I emailed Mel as well. He said just yesterday Kevin Klintworth told him the ULL game wasn't scheduled for TV.

17. dash

dash Territorial Marshal

What a joke...

18. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Deputy

What I've heard is that the Big 12 conference & Fox recently signed a new contract & they haven't decided if the games this year will fall under the old contract or the new contract. So until they decide how things are going to work this year, none of the Big 12 games will be officially announced.
    The ULL game is supposed to be on FSN. But it' won't be official until all of the details are ironed out.

19. CowboyOrangeFan

CowboyOrangeFan Bro-Lo El Cuñado A/V Subscriber

I have heard that as well. Although it seems strange to still be negotiating a TV deal that would cover games that are only two weeks out. So I just checked that off as a typical rumor. However, I guess that makes just as much sense as any other reason this point.

20. Triton Poke

Triton Poke Deputy

So I was going to call Time-Warner to see about adding the Pac12 network. Flipping through the stations last night discovered I have it in analog and HD. So the night of the Arizona game I will open up the windows, enjoy my view of the Pacific Ocean and Torrey Pines Golf Course while I watch some O-State Football. You know you're jealous!

CPA Poke and browneye253 like this.