1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

[TV] Monk Series Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HeartLike_JohnStarks, Dec 4, 2009.

1. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

One of the best cable shows-scratch that-best TV shows EVER.

Who just saw the finale?

I personally thought it was too "sad." Not the upbeat, all the cast members all together in a joyous ending....but instead Lt Fisher leaves and Monk finds a random daughter born in wedlock by his wife and with whom he now has a rather creepy relationship with......

Anyone felt the same way about the finale? :(
  2. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

I loved it, Monk finds out what happened to Trudy, finds a almost daughter and he lived. I loved the montage and song written for it. A very solid ending for a good show.

monk is a trending topic on twitter.
  3. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Why the hell did Randy have to leave? I know he has to be with Sharona but I just can't imagine things will be the same without the retardedness of Lt Randy Fisher!
  4. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

I just think it's weird that he is with Sharona, who I never liked. I did not see that coming when he kissed her a few weeks ago. But your right about losing Randy, a cheerful idiot if there ever was one.
  5. HeartLike_JohnStarks

It was so predictable too.......I knew it was the Judge from Part 1 all the way......so obvious, man.

Btw.......Trudy's illegitimate daughter is HOT!!
  6. MSteph57

A/V Subscriber MSteph57 Cowboy

It's Disher btw.:eek:
  7. naffigator

A/V Subscriber naffigator I am SuperKing!

It was the SERIES finale, no more episodes, so it doesn't really matter that Randy moved to NJ to be with Sharona. Personally, I thought Monk was going to end up hooking up with Natalie as the final step in getting over Trudy and getting better mentally.
  8. OrudisKP

OrudisKP Deputy

I am kind of disappointed that they didn't introduce a love interest for Monk in the last season that they would have shown him dating at the end of the finale. It would have definitely wrapped everything up. Natalie, however, was way out of his league. The Navy guy was more in her league.
  9. naffigator

A/V Subscriber naffigator I am SuperKing!

Trudy was way out of his league too, he even told her that. Jim's wife on according to Jim is way out of his league, but TV shows do that all the time.
  10. HeartLike_JohnStarks

I think the ending allowed for the perfect opportunity for a movie to pick off there.

:p
  11. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Cowboy

After watching it, I thought that Trudy's daughter is going to put up with him for about another week before getting a restraining order the way he was acting. I did like the way he was dressing more casual when they went to the crime scene at the end....kind of an indicator that he was starting to get better.
  12. cowgirl64

cowgirl64 Deputy

Yeah, I was surprised that Trudy's daughter didn't ask him to lighten up..and the way he was dressed at the very end really put a different twist to it..Made me think he was on his way..Also, the fact that he was 'on a new case' meant that he probably wouldn't follow the daughter around so much. I liked it OK but I don't give it a #10.