Tweet of the Day

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Except that current law makers are exempted and they have the advantage of being able to raise money in office. Nothing will change because the incumbents will keep being elected. Exempting incumbents effectively defeats the law. Tell me exactly why it would pass immediately? Why would congress give up that power for some future congress after they retire rich?

Nov 23, 2010
My question is; how much money was spent for somebody to actually research and test which camouflage pattern works best for space.

This may be the stupidest thing Trump has done and the worst part is, it will never go away....it will be an extra unneeded federal expense until the end of time.
They won't actually be going to space, but Satellite Force is horrible branding. We were already doing the things Space Force will do split across branches. If this actually creates efficiencies remains to be seen.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
They won't actually be going to space, but Satellite Force is horrible branding. We were already doing the things Space Force will do split across branches. If this actually creates efficiencies remains to be seen.
I realize that, but just because they won't be going into space doesn't mean they didn't drop a few million researching the best uniforms to do so.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
12 years total? Or the term limit is a 12 yr serving? 12 years is too long. 4 years is much better... but wouldn't be against them having the ability to serve 3 terms (for a total of 12 years).

The career "politician" needs to smurfing disappear. ASAP. And the public has been screaming for it ever since I've been alive. :angry::cursing::angry:

Nov 23, 2010
I realize that, but just because they won't be going into space doesn't mean they didn't drop a few million researching the best uniforms to do so.
Aren't they repurposed uniforms to save money? I'm not sure they dropped any money to do it. This is the kinda thing "we should elect a businessman" would usually point to as a reason.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Aren't they repurposed uniforms to save money? I'm not sure they dropped any money to do it. This is the kinda thing "we should elect a businessman" would usually point to as a reason.
To be honest I don't know, I'm assuming based on every example of government I've seen in my lifetime that this venture is not saving the federal government money.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
12 years total? Or the term limit is a 12 yr serving? 12 years is too long. 4 years is much better... but wouldn't be against them having the ability to serve 3 terms (for a total of 12 years).

The career "politician" needs to smurfing disappear. ASAP. And the public has been screaming for it ever since I've been alive. :angry::cursing::angry:
Uh, three terms in the House is six years. Three terms in the Senate is 18.