1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

U.S. Soldier Murders 16 Civilians in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by OrangeAggie, Mar 11, 2012.

1. benjamins

benjamins Cowboy

I don't think the Afgans considers us friendly (not anymore, at least)...do you?

And who cares the reasoning, how would Christians feel if the Bible was burned? or Jews the Torah?
  2. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

3. JTB1897

JTB1897 Wrangler

4. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

A little grumpy but I'm not going to kill anyone. :)
  5. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

It's just a different type of place over there. For whatever reason whether it be their religion, culture, or just the situations they are in - they think differently.

This US soldier definitely had something going on in his life that triggered this. Something is not right with this man. It is sad 16 civilians died but this is 1 man's decision.

There will be obvious ramifications about how Afghan civlians view the US military but there are much more soldiers who are over there helping these people day in and day out. Good things occur over there because of the military - don't let media totally fool us.

Now, I'm not saying we SHOULD be over there with our military but most US soldiers are not war mongering killers. It would be very easy for us to be war mongerers but we choose not to. If a little movement like Nazi Germany almost took over Europe and eventually the world ....just imagine what the US "could" do if we really wanted to. We are not a war mongerering nation. Are we a peaceful nation? No....but we are far from what some media outlets make us out to be with their daily reports of negative news.

Where is the video of my friends who are over there handing out supplies/food, helping defend the helpless, and protect children? I've heard stories first hand like these but I've never heard them on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News or any news station for that matter
    CocoCincinnati and ostater2319 like this.
  6. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

Sorry for them? Certainly no where NEAR a murderous rage.
    osupride97, CocoCincinnati and zachya like this.
  7. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

You and me both Curt!
  8. Chambers

Chambers Greenhorn

These stupid zipper heads are all the same. They have their children being raised to be the same as them. I was in a museum about this war and they had drawings that children made up from sand land, they were of them shooting people and killing them. They are mostly all the same. This war is pointless and is gonna cause something that in the end were gonna get screwed.
  9. MindAflame

A/V Subscriber MindAflame Lurking. Screwed.

I think it's hilarious that liberals honestly believe conservatives (because we're only talking about the conservative Christians here, the "bad" ones, the liberal Christians are good peeps) would be likely to fly into a murderous rage over the destruction of a Bible - so likely, in fact, that they pose the question broadly and with a straight face.

Oh, wait, not hilarious, I meant it's terrifying, depressing and mind-boggling.