Unemployment

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I am curious if any other business owners are dealing with what I am dealing with at the moment. I own 2 businesses, 1 of decent size and the other is smaller. On the larger business, I am getting on average 5 fraudulent unemployment notices per week. We have to reply to each one, so it obviously is a huge pain in my a**. Boy was Lyndsey Graham right about the fraud. Anyone else getting tons of them like me?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I am curious if any other business owners are dealing with what I am dealing with at the moment. I own 2 businesses, 1 of decent size and the other is smaller. On the larger business, I am getting on average 5 fraudulent unemployment notices per week. We have to reply to each one, so it obviously is a huge pain in my a**. Boy was Lyndsey Graham right about the fraud. Anyone else getting tons of them like me?
Oh, c’mon man. We’re a society of law abiding citizens that don’t need law enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marshmo

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2013
I've got one so far, about a month ago. Left a message at the number on the form.
Never heard anything back.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
With such a large number of people losing their jobs in such a short time, it's not surprising that the opportunists are quick to take advantage of the situation. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It is not just businesses... my sister, niece and family friend have all gotten notices about benefits being requested in their names. They had to go to the OK website and let them know they had not filed for unemployment benefits.

They are each extremely concerned that their tax filings will be affected by these fraudulent activates.

I suggest that everybody go to the unemployment website and make sure that you are not an unknowing victim.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I've got one so far, about a month ago. Left a message at the number on the form.
Never heard anything back.
If you left a message, that person probably got the unemployment. I spoke to someone there months ago about it. If you do not mail in your response, they will likely receive benefits. I just received my quarterly unemployment rate and still show zero people have received benefits on my company.

marshmo

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2013
If you left a message, that person probably got the unemployment. I spoke to someone there months ago about it. If you do not mail in your response, they will likely receive benefits. I just received my quarterly unemployment rate and still show zero people have received benefits on my company.
I thought the form said call this number if you dispute by such and such date.
I hope my rate doesn't go up. I'll check.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
My wife had someone file under her name. They took a couple grand in benefits before she found out and stopped it.

I'm sure it was just that sweet single mom just scrapping by though. We did have to file a police report though. Good thing this was all before I found out we don't need cops.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I thought the form said call this number if you dispute by such and such date.
I hope my rate doesn't go up. I'll check.
It does but they are not returning phone calls. They are getting so many that the calls are slipping through. I was asked to mail or fax them. I have been mailing them because I got tired of the fax beeping busy and starting over.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
In California, the state confirms the physical address with a paper code while their unemployment validity is verified before the benefits card is sent out and it's only sent to physical addresses.

Typically if the physical address matches state ID or tax records to confirm the process as a third party safeguard.

It adds a few days on the turnaround time, and is slightly more expensive but decreased fraud significantly.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
It is not just businesses... my sister, niece and family friend have all gotten notices about benefits being requested in their names. They had to go to the OK website and let them know they had not filed for unemployment benefits.

They are each extremely concerned that their tax filings will be affected by these fraudulent activates.

I suggest that everybody go to the unemployment website and make sure that you are not an unknowing victim.
Where do you go on the website to check? I see where you can report fraud, but not where you can check to see if you're a victim.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Sep 22, 2009
Bixby
Curious case here; I never applied for unemployment, I've been employed through this entire episode, yet, I just received an Oklahoma UI Way2Go debit card. Sent in a fraud claim to Employment Commission this morning and will be interested to hear their response. I've heard so many stories about how much of a hard time people who are actually unemployed have had with getting their benefits, and here I am getting a card... hmmmm. Something fishy.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Curious case here; I never applied for unemployment, I've been employed through this entire episode, yet, I just received an Oklahoma UI Way2Go debit card. Sent in a fraud claim to Employment Commission this morning and will be interested to hear their response. I've heard so many stories about how much of a hard time people who are actually unemployed have had with getting their benefits, and here I am getting a card... hmmmm. Something fishy.
Someone has your social security number if you did not apply. Every one of my notices always have a ss# . I personally would probably look at my credit to see if there is anything else.

Sep 22, 2009
Bixby
Someone has your social security number if you did not apply. Every one of my notices always have a ss# . I personally would probably look at my credit to see if there is anything else.
Yup, did that this AM and nothing. Credit reports are all clean.
And how can the scammer scam the system if I have the card?? Honestly asking. I could see how easy it would be if the card was sent to another address, but guess there could be something to look out for down the road.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
There was a news report of someone getting a card and then their bank account being drained. Not sure at all, but if you log into the card account a try to put the funds into your bank account, I wonder if the scammers can accesses that and withdraw from your bank account.

Sep 22, 2009
Bixby
There was a news report of someone getting a card and then their bank account being drained. Not sure at all, but if you log into the card account a try to put the funds into your bank account, I wonder if the scammers can accesses that and withdraw from your bank account.
That could be the catch; you can enter transfer accounts to/from the card. Best not to login in at all if the card is sent.